SimsUnbound
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user
Latest topics
New* Before & After EditingSat Apr 11, 2015 3:56 am435q
BARBIETOPIA, THE PRINCESS EDITION♛ MOCK DUE TOMORROW ☺Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:38 amBobSkellington
Face Off Cycle 4 - WINNER ANNOUNCED!!Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:19 amNinisims
Vana's Custom ContentSun Feb 22, 2015 6:17 pmVanadis
Pixelated Cycle One Sign Ups OpenThu Jan 22, 2015 3:43 pmbestfrienemies14
Statistics
We have 5583 registered usersThe newest registered user is worknmamaOur users have posted a total of 118969 messagesin 1676 subjects

♥ Chrissy's Journey in Editing and Sims Modeling ♥ Zodiac :)

+20
Twilight
amylet
sweetstop7
rey1993
LittleSmirk
Nz_angel
Chloé78
Nina Coreila
AzaraRumohra
Chouxie
Early
Bliss
jaicee521
nuttychick123
Mysticfeline
Sugarshoes9cc
mvande
Melly
mynanluvsrpatz
xchrissy
24 posters
Go down
xchrissy
Tokens : 6789

♥ Chrissy's Journey in Editing and Sims Modeling ♥ Zodiac :) - Page 2 Empty ♥ Chrissy's Journey in Editing and Sims Modeling ♥ Zodiac :)

Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:36 am
First topic message reminder :

Hello everyone!

~♥~
Fashion and Beauty Advertising
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (05/14/2012)
Spoiler:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (06/05/2012
Spoiler:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (06/05/2012)
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (06/23/2012) )[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Spoiler:

~♥~
Fierce Modeling Cycle Two: CANCELED

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (12/10/2011)
Spoiler:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (12/21/2012)
Spoiler:

~♥~
On the Edge: ON HOLD

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (12/15/2011)
Spoiler:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (12/20/2011)
Spoiler:

~♥~
Simultitude Magazine Cover Contest!:DROPPED
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (12/12/2011)
Spoiler:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (12/14/2011)
Spoiler:

~♥~
Miscellaneous
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (12/17/2011)
Spoiler:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Spoiler:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.](05/15/2012)
Spoiler:

Last edited by xchrissy on Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:47 pm; edited 31 times in total

xchrissy

♥ Chrissy's Journey in Editing and Sims Modeling ♥ Zodiac :) - Page 2 Empty Re: ♥ Chrissy's Journey in Editing and Sims Modeling ♥ Zodiac :)

Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:10 am
Bliss wrote:Thats really good for a first. Most ppl's first hair drawing looks like a giant smudge mark

Thank you Bliss ♥ Chrissy's Journey in Editing and Sims Modeling ♥ Zodiac :) - Page 2 650269930

I saw your hair drawings and they're really good! I'm dreading doing some different angles >_< and curls! wah! I have more respect for people who can do hair drawings now!
mynanluvsrpatz
mynanluvsrpatz
Tokens : 5986
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/mynanluvsrpatz

♥ Chrissy's Journey in Editing and Sims Modeling ♥ Zodiac :) - Page 2 Empty Re: ♥ Chrissy's Journey in Editing and Sims Modeling ♥ Zodiac :)

Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:42 am
That's really good! My first hair editing was hideous.
Early
Tokens : 8569

Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:00 pm
LOL So was mine Mynan.

Good job Chrissy!
Sugarshoes9cc
Tokens : 5167

Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:39 pm
That's really good for a first try! I'm going to try hair drawing once I get my tablet for Christmas (hopefully xD )
nuttychick123
nuttychick123
Tokens : 5203

Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:41 pm
I attempted hair drawing once but I didn't follow a tutorial because I didn't know there was any :facepalm: so it sucked :L - but your first attempt is wicked :D!
xchrissy

Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:25 pm
Thanks everyone!

And nutty I probably wouldn't even know where to start without a tutorial! I'm going to work my way through some of the hair tutorials I see on the TS3 Forums and here, just so I can have a 'feel' on which tutorial I'd feel more comfortable using because right now I don't think I'll be submitting assignments with my hair drawings :P

sugar xD hopefully you get your tablet for Christmas too! then we can do hair drawings together!
xchrissy

Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:59 am
On the Edge Modeling Comp - Assignment #2: Censored!

So the theme of the assignment is censored which basically means our models have to be nude but it has to be PG-13 that means that everything has to be covered! We were only allowed to do edits on the lighting and nothing else so I'm not going to show an unedited pic as there really wasn't that much of a difference.

The shot has to be in-game, and I think I'm really bad at in-game pictures so I had quite a bit of trouble thinking of the 'set'. I tried the bedroom, washroom, garden, kitchen sets and it just felt a bit... meh, so I searched for some cemeteries and lo and behold creepy cemetery popped up and I grabbed it.

Needless to say this could either be great as I think it would definitely be different from other entries or it could be something that the judges would look at and think... this isn't what we're looking for.

I think viewing it full size is better. So here it is, sorry for the long post =P

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There may be a nip slip somewhere >_<

mynanluvsrpatz
mynanluvsrpatz

Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:24 am
Beautiful! It looks a bit like a Rexy edit.
xchrissy

Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:58 am
mynanluvsrpatz wrote:Beautiful! It looks a bit like a Rexy edit.

I don't know about it being like Rexy's because she's amazing, but thank you!! :pink heart:
Sugarshoes9cc
Tokens : 5167

Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:59 am
Thats amazing :D
Early
Tokens : 8569

Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:54 pm
Oh wow, that looks spooky and beautiful :D Your skin shading looks great!
xchrissy

Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:58 pm
Thanks guys! I'm a bit nervous though as I just got my scores from assignment 1 and it seems like it isn't 'edgy' enough so now I'm looking at my 2nd assignment and not liking how it turned out >_<!
xchrissy

Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:08 pm
Fierce Modeling: Assignment #1: Quotes

So for assignment 1 we were assigned a quote and we're supposed to interpret what that quote means thru our photo. My quote is:

" Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be."

I was originally going for a shot where my model is going to be looking at a mirror and see two different individuals but it turned out that 2 of the assignments handed in before me already sort of used the 'mirror' route. So I guess I just did a spin off the mirror route....

The note says;

Ash,
I love you but
I can't be who
you want me
to be
-Smash

I found the unedited shots! Im just going to post the set and the main model:

Last edited by xchrissy on Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chouxie
Tokens : 6010
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/chouxie

Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:21 pm
I'm in awe at how fast you improved!

Last edited by Chouxie on Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
xchrissy

Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:43 pm
That darn piece of paper is so hard to manipulate to one lying on the ground >=O
nuttychick123
nuttychick123
Tokens : 5203

Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:45 pm
Wowzers :O <3!
Bliss
Bliss
Creator
Creator
Tokens : 14663
https://unboundart.forumotion.com

Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:27 pm
I like the additon of the city in the window, Its edited in nicely ♥ Chrissy's Journey in Editing and Sims Modeling ♥ Zodiac :) - Page 2 650269930
xchrissy

Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:19 am
Thank you guys ♥ Chrissy's Journey in Editing and Sims Modeling ♥ Zodiac :) - Page 2 650269930
xchrissy

Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:03 pm
Just to let you guys know that I'm going on a hiatus. I'm not sure how long 'til I can start editing again but I've got the apprenticeship at a company that I've always wanted and it's requiring me to move into another country so I don't know how busy my schedule will be or when I can set up my game and computer so I probably won't have any edits to put up on here. I'm so disappointed that I have to drop out on the comps I'm in but it is what it is :(

Thank you so much for your input and feedback, I might be back sooner than I think :P
xchrissy

Fri May 11, 2012 3:42 pm
Wow *waves away cobwebs* So it's been a while and I've missed editing and modeling so much! And now that I have quite a bit of spare time I am going to start posting again. I'm a student in LE's school of editing and I'm actually enjoying going back to basics and learning new things that maybe small and insignificant but can make or break a picture. It's also fun to relearn some tips and tricks that I've forgotten when I was busy with everything else in life.

I joined FAB modeling contest and it's mostly about advertising so that's a great way to learn how to create magazine ads and what not. I'm also going to try to draw hair more often for my assignments, I think my biggest challenge is hair shaping specially if my model's head is not straightforward (lying down, sideways) I'm really horrible at hair shaping as you can see with my 2nd attempt at hair drawing. I also need to learn where to shade and ahhhh... I need to learn a lot of things!

Anyways here is my 2nd hair drawing, I only did the hair and nothing else so I'm sorry for the photo being bland. I wanted to try my hand at it and if turned out ok then I would re-do this hairstyle for my first assignment for FAB. It would be great to get some tips though if you guys have some :P

mynanluvsrpatz
mynanluvsrpatz

Fri May 11, 2012 4:14 pm
It's actually very good. The only thing I would reccomend is more texture and flyaways. Otherwise looks great.
AzaraRumohra
AzaraRumohra
Tokens : 5405

Sun May 13, 2012 12:24 pm
Wow I really loove that hair drawing Crissy! Imo - I think the amount of stray hairs you have at the moment is perfect and I wouldn't change that - simply because whilst in real life there would be a ton more, I suppose it would just look incredibly messy when put on Sim media.
The tiny little delicate strands you have already are beautiful!

I love how the hair isn't symmetrical because then it has more realism - Gosh I just love it, teach me please :seen: I haven't the faintest idea how to hair draw, whenever I follow tutorials it all goes horribly wrong ♥ Chrissy's Journey in Editing and Sims Modeling ♥ Zodiac :) - Page 2 3616433288

The only thing I suggest is adding more tone - perhaps two more shades ontop of those because of the thickness of each strand and that there's only really one shade with just the shadows and roots underneath

and your model is beautiful btw! I just adore that edit to death :pink heart:
xchrissy

Mon May 14, 2012 4:05 am
Hello guys so here is my entry for assignment 1 for FAB modeling comp, the assignment is to make a make up ad for a cosmetics company and it has something to do with sweets. First time I handed in a photo with my hair drawing so I'm really nervous! Here it is!

Before:

After:

I spent so much time putting nails on the model and I ended up cutting off the pic >_< just because make up ads are mostly close ups so I had to crop the photo down but didn't go all the way since we needed to show some clothes for the comp.

xchrissy

Mon May 14, 2012 4:18 am
AzaraRumohra wrote:Wow I really loove that hair drawing Crissy! Imo - I think the amount of stray hairs you have at the moment is perfect and I wouldn't change that - simply because whilst in real life there would be a ton more, I suppose it would just look incredibly messy when put on Sim media.
The tiny little delicate strands you have already are beautiful!

I love how the hair isn't symmetrical because then it has more realism - Gosh I just love it, teach me please :seen: I haven't the faintest idea how to hair draw, whenever I follow tutorials it all goes horribly wrong ♥ Chrissy's Journey in Editing and Sims Modeling ♥ Zodiac :) - Page 2 3616433288

The only thing I suggest is adding more tone - perhaps two more shades ontop of those because of the thickness of each strand and that there's only really one shade with just the shadows and roots underneath

and your model is beautiful btw! I just adore that edit to death :pink heart:

Oh wow thank you <3

Well I basically read up on all of the hair tutorials I could get a hold of O_O. To be honest I can't draw or anything, even a perfect squigly line is a challenge (sad, but true!) and I'm a bit lazy so I always want to look at shortcuts and what not ♥ Chrissy's Journey in Editing and Sims Modeling ♥ Zodiac :) - Page 2 369142835 Anyways my hair drawing basically came from 2-3 hair tut sources. I read all the hair tuts here in unbound and ts3 forums, I really recommend Harry's Hair tutorial for Photoshop and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Nina Coreila
Nina Coreila
Tokens : 4441

Mon May 14, 2012 12:30 pm
It's great ! I think she look a Barbie :flutter:
But it's really beautiful ♥ Chrissy's Journey in Editing and Sims Modeling ♥ Zodiac :) - Page 2 650269930
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum