Tokens : 2788

PostSubject: My first hair drawing   Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:59 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

what do you think?
Back to top Go down
nuttychick123

Tokens : 2824

PostSubject: Re: My first hair drawing   Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:15 am

Hey Sugars! I'm not very good at hair drawing but I think I can offer you some advice.
I think your texture is good with your palette and the flow of the hair. Perhaps to give the hair a more 3D effect you could use the dodge and burn effect (if you are on gimp) for highlights and shadows to give it form. I'm not absolutely sure but I think the hair might be slightly high for the models head, I've always found scores particularly hard so I've just tried a hair drawing with a bun and I found it much easier! I like how you are trying to incorporate flyaways but from trial and error, I think that if you start them near the top or even mid-way of the head they should sort of join back into the hair? Sorry I'm just trying to help a little haha! I mean because unless you have layers, your hair is usually all one length (of course there are exceptions).

As I said, I can't really draw hair but I've looked at many and tried some tutorials and I just thought I would offer some advice. It might help :3 But I think it's really good for your first go at it! Much better than mine was
Back to top Go down

My first hair drawing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Characters & Modeling :: Photo Thread-
Jump to: