SimsUnbound
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user
Latest topics
New* Before & After EditingSat Apr 11, 2015 3:56 am435q
BARBIETOPIA, THE PRINCESS EDITION♛ MOCK DUE TOMORROW ☺Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:38 amBobSkellington
Face Off Cycle 4 - WINNER ANNOUNCED!!Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:19 amNinisims
Vana's Custom ContentSun Feb 22, 2015 6:17 pmVanadis
Pixelated Cycle One Sign Ups OpenThu Jan 22, 2015 3:43 pmbestfrienemies14
Statistics
We have 5583 registered usersThe newest registered user is worknmamaOur users have posted a total of 118969 messagesin 1676 subjects

Blissful Hair Drawing - VIDEO NOW ADDED!

+65
Andrea Leona Crusher
ellebell
Happilyeverafter78
superxflow
purpl3panda
Cinderpelt
simsgal2227
Sasha19
traelia
Elasticgirl
ashpie88
Dylon4000
Rinxes
Scruffy19
xodramaprincess
Jacquelinejvr
AzaraRumohra
aa13ls10
Ella
evergreen
Loopyloo01
KosmoKhaos
sweetstop7
LE
amylet
Krussi
xchrissy
cherriblossom
Nicolla
Danni
ALMAinWONDERLAND
cloudeu
Agaathee
Voorksas
Bubbles1419
Stephanie
Nina Coreila
Twilight
Chloé78
OceanSaphire
TheMeeepMoop
Melly
kaliko103
musicbookworm
rumblebee
JKInspired23
Ashanti_21
Shay
Smile267
JKAmaryllis
Monks
JewelsRule
Gim
JaLiBo
Ninisims
LovelyJubblyGloria
Mysticfeline
starling68
FantasyPearl
mynanluvsrpatz
Vanadis
Oliviafrost1
Simmielove
rey1993
Bliss
69 posters
Go down
Bliss
Bliss
Creator
Creator
Tokens : 14663
https://unboundart.forumotion.com

Blissful Hair Drawing - VIDEO NOW ADDED! - Page 19 Empty Blissful Hair Drawing - VIDEO NOW ADDED!

Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:47 am
First topic message reminder :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Hair drawings:

Getting Started...

Step 1.

I am only going to show the basics here. I will start off by showing you how to get the strands and look I create with my hair. I suggest you practice with strands like this before you try anything to difficult.

I am going to apply some strands to this white background.

Step 2.

Choosing the color I will be working with. This is not really important because with my method, you can change the hair color at the end of the tutorial.

Step 3.

Grab the hair brush you will be working with and size it down to your choosing.

Hair Brushes can be downloaded here - CLICK FOR BRUSHES

Step 4.

I have selected the "PATHS" tool in the toolbox on the top left. I will make a "S" Shape on the white background for the stroke of the Hair.

Step 5.

Now click "Stroke Path" and make sure you have the option "Stoke with a Paint tool" and "Emulate brush dynamics" selected. These are both very important or your strokes will NOT look like mine.

Step 6.

You should now have a smooth stroke of hair strands. If you got something with a bunch of dots, this means your spacing is not set to 1.0 as seen in the bottom right of the paint brush box.

Go on ahead and stroke the brush a couple more times to thicken it up a bit.

Step 7.

Now I will ADD NEW LAYER and select a tad lighter shade of hair color.

Step 8.

I have now applied a few more strands of the lighter shade of hair on top of our original strands.

Step 9.

ADD NEW LAYER > Select another lighter shade of hair. We will now be applying another layer of strands on top of the bottom two layers you just applied.

Step 10.

This is what I have now...

Step 11.

ADD NEW LAYER > I will be applying one last set of strands. So once again grab a tad lighter shade of hair.

Step 12.

I Will apply one set of strands on top of the bottom 3 layers. You should now see it coming together nicely and the hair has some depth.

Step 13.

"Merger all visible layers". This will make all the hair layers into ONE LAYER.

Step 14.

COLOR CHANGING TIME! I really like playing with purple hue colored hair just for the fun of it. I think the high lights on maroon/purple hair looks good and something a lil different.

I will play with the color hues until I find something I like.

Step 15.

NOW DUPLICATE YOUR LAYER

Step 16.

In the layers box you will see a drop down box next to "MODE" and on the top layer you will change it to "OVERLAY"

Step 17.

Adding SHINE! Shine is VERY important when creating hair and no you should not have white blobs of shine, You should make the hair shine looks realistic and it should blend well into the hair. So I have 2 different ways I shine hair. First being with the dodge tool set to "Highlight" and you MUST use a fuzzy circle brush and DAB IT when applying the shine. OR the second way which is pretty common for A LOT of hair drawers and this is the "Overlay" option.

So ADD NEW LAYER > Grab your fuzzy circle brush and apply some white paint on top of the hair where the shine should be. Now go to the overlay option again and select it.

Step 18.

Gaussian Blur! This will blur out the high lights you just applied so they are not too chunky and they fade out over the hair nice and smooth.

You are done!

Last edited by Bliss on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:12 am; edited 20 times in total

Nicolla
Nicolla
Tokens : 4377

Blissful Hair Drawing - VIDEO NOW ADDED! - Page 19 Empty Re: Blissful Hair Drawing - VIDEO NOW ADDED!

Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:31 am
FINALLY! i have finally gotton hair drawing! YAY YAY YAY! not as good as some people, but i think its okay for a beginner.

Bliss
Bliss
Creator
Creator

Blissful Hair Drawing - VIDEO NOW ADDED! - Page 19 Empty Re: Blissful Hair Drawing - VIDEO NOW ADDED!

Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:36 am
Ben wrote:FINALLY! i have finally gotton hair drawing! YAY YAY YAY! not as good as some people, but i think its okay for a beginner.

looks good ben, The tips around the shoulders need a lil work and a lot of the hair looks a very "thin". I would just recommend working on those 2 main things and see what you come up with Blissful Hair Drawing - VIDEO NOW ADDED! - Page 19 650269930
Nicolla
Nicolla
Tokens : 4377

Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:07 pm
Okay! I'll try it out!
sweetstop7
sweetstop7
Trusted Host
Trusted Host
Tokens : 7502
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/sweetstop7

Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:02 am
Bump!
Bliss
Bliss
Creator
Creator

Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:28 am
Blissful Hair Drawing - VIDEO NOW ADDED! - Page 19 650269930
simsgal2227
simsgal2227
Tokens : 4208

Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:50 pm
Okay, I have a total fail noob issue.

I can't get past one of the first steps (fifth?)

When I try to do the stroke thing, THIS happens (I didn't it twice in this pic). [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-I have a hairbrush selected
-both of what you you said to select in the paths is checked
-spacing is at one

I know it's probably a simple fix, but I can't figure it out ><.
Bliss
Bliss
Creator
Creator

Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:41 am
Make sure you dont have "selection from path" clicked Blissful Hair Drawing - VIDEO NOW ADDED! - Page 19 650269930

It looks like that is happening. Just have "Stroke path" clicked Blissful Hair Drawing - VIDEO NOW ADDED! - Page 19 650269930
simsgal2227
simsgal2227
Tokens : 4208

Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:37 am
I never clicked on selection from path. When I first saw this post, I tried again and clicked on it to see what would happen. I thought it would unhighlight it, but it didn't. Instead, it selects around the curved parts like this...

EDIT: When I print screen it doesn't show the path? So, I just colored it with purple.

So, is it that you don't want selection from path clicked? Because I can't see to get that option?...
Bliss
Bliss
Creator
Creator

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:11 pm
What kinda of hair brush is that? It may have something to do with the brush you are using?
Cinderpelt
Cinderpelt
Tokens : 4585

Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:25 pm
So I've been dying to try out this tut since I LOVE your hair drawing, Bliss! And I finally had time Blissful Hair Drawing - VIDEO NOW ADDED! - Page 19 3616433288 Mine's not nearly as good as all of you lovely people's, but I'm satisfied for now Blissful Hair Drawing - VIDEO NOW ADDED! - Page 19 369142835

A little closer:

And, well, the reason she's crying and all is because it was for an assignment.
Bliss
Bliss
Creator
Creator

Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:47 am
that's not too bad. The top is a bit square-ish but the rest of the shape is really good.
Cinderpelt
Cinderpelt
Tokens : 4585

Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:28 pm
Thanks, Bliss Blissful Hair Drawing - VIDEO NOW ADDED! - Page 19 650269930 Yeah, I'll have to work on that next time. That was my 3rd try at hair drawing, but well, the first one doesn't really count since I got frustrated after 10 minutes and quit =P Now I'm dying to give it another go haha Blissful Hair Drawing - VIDEO NOW ADDED! - Page 19 2222139670
purpl3panda
purpl3panda
Tokens : 4180

Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:52 pm
Hey Bliss, I'm having a problem. It seems that even when i have "Emulate Brush Dynamics" checked, nothing different happens.

Here I have a picture where one strand of hair had emulate checked, and one didn't.

Do you know what could be wrong with it? Or what I could do to fix it?

By the way I'm using the Gimp version 2.8.2

Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind I fixed it Blissful Hair Drawing - VIDEO NOW ADDED! - Page 19 369142835 I had to go into the options and change the opacity pressure level
purpl3panda
purpl3panda
Tokens : 4180

Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:01 am
This is my very first try at hair drawing... bare with me. I know its awful.

I hate the style but I tried wavy hair at first and that was just too hard for my first try, so i came out with this:

before:

After:

I don't think its too bad for me just starting hair drawing this afternoon Blissful Hair Drawing - VIDEO NOW ADDED! - Page 19 369142835 and im sure i'll get better!
Bliss
Bliss
Creator
Creator

Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:00 am
try to remember to put a lil curve in the bangs when drawing em. When you have them straight as a board like that they look very stiff and un realistic.
superxflow
superxflow
Tokens : 4116

Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:10 pm
This was my first time trying to draw hair x; I didn't use a sims character though c; what do you guys think I could do to improve ? lol

Chloé78
Chloé78
Tokens : 5210

Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:37 pm
Here's my third and latest attempt at a complete hair drawing, without using any tutorial

Bliss
Bliss
Creator
Creator

Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:57 pm
superxflow wrote:This was my first time trying to draw hair x; I didn't use a sims character though c; what do you guys think I could do to improve ? lol

I think the hair shape is really great, you do need more strands to separate it from the black base. If you plan on using a black base like you have did here, then you need to gradually bring it to the lighter green rather than straight black to green. The roots would need to be darker but I think it is a good start.
Bliss
Bliss
Creator
Creator

Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:58 pm
Chloé78 wrote:Here's my third and latest attempt at a complete hair drawing, without using any tutorial

Blissful Hair Drawing - VIDEO NOW ADDED! - Page 19 4179419588 I think you ment to post this in Before and after editing?
Chloé78
Chloé78
Tokens : 5210

Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:29 am
(not really, no Blissful Hair Drawing - VIDEO NOW ADDED! - Page 19 369142835)
I just wanted your advices Blissful Hair Drawing - VIDEO NOW ADDED! - Page 19 3616433288
Happilyeverafter78
Happilyeverafter78
Tokens : 4165

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:53 pm
I had a go at it but with photoshop Blissful Hair Drawing - VIDEO NOW ADDED! - Page 19 650269930

Advise?
Bliss
Bliss
Creator
Creator

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:56 pm
Think that is really cool Blissful Hair Drawing - VIDEO NOW ADDED! - Page 19 3684740496 and great shape :D Maybe a tad smaller strands or possibly just more stands? I think you did really great with the shape and the color is very eye catching Blissful Hair Drawing - VIDEO NOW ADDED! - Page 19 650269930
Happilyeverafter78
Happilyeverafter78
Tokens : 4165

Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:15 am
Thank you! Ill work on it :D
ellebell
ellebell
Tokens : 4663

Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:10 pm
I'm not sure if it's been answered or not, but I think somewhere in the video you mentioned maybe having to rotate the brush on the premade hair pieces? I googled it, but the method they mentioned wouldn't work (right click brush -> edit brush) it just says that the brush is read only. Is there another way to do this, or maybe an add on I need to grab?

Thanks!
Bliss
Bliss
Creator
Creator

Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:05 am
ellebell wrote:I'm not sure if it's been answered or not, but I think somewhere in the video you mentioned maybe having to rotate the brush on the premade hair pieces? I googled it, but the method they mentioned wouldn't work (right click brush -> edit brush) it just says that the brush is read only. Is there another way to do this, or maybe an add on I need to grab?

Thanks!

Ohhhh What I do is just add new layer, apply the hair brush and actually rotate the layer that the hair strand is on Blissful Hair Drawing - VIDEO NOW ADDED! - Page 19 650269930
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum