Our users have posted a total of 167591 messages in 2699 subjects

Share | 

Pose issue - help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lidicora

Tokens : 7690

PostSubject: Pose issue - help!   Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:38 pm

Ok so I am really getting frustrated I can't figure my poses out. I don't know where exactly the corruption is, but maybe someone can be of assistance. Here is EXACTLY what i do:

I take the blank pose file:
a_xvert_701_clip.package

I open s3pe. I put said file into s3pe. I click "export and rename". I rename it "a_lidi_test"

It gives me a file that is a whole bunch of crap, plus "a_lidi_test%%+clip.animation" it is 356 bytes.

I open blender. Load female rig, import my clip.anim file. Make pose. Awesome times.

I click export -> sims animation. It makes me choose a name. I again choose a_lidi_test. then i select the a_lidi_test%%clip.anim file and hit "export".

Now i look at the file. It's 12 KB. So clearly the pose has saved onto it. now in my folder there is also a file that has the samename but says "backup" at the end of the filename and is only 4 KB. No idea what that is. Moving on.

I take my .animation file and go back into s3pe. I click "Export as .package" once again naming it a_lidi_test. it is now a .package file and I put it in my mod folder with ever other pose I use (that all work. Pose player runs perfectly fine in my game).

Now according to EVERY TUTORIAL EVER it should work. But when I click "Pose by name" and type in a_lidi_test, my entire game freezes. I can't even command_return to window mode it and force stop. I literally have to hard shut down my computer. What is going on? What could be going so wrong with the pose that it locks up the whole game? I type in the names of poses i get from other people and there's never a problem, so i know it's with my pose, not with pose player. Is there a step i'm missing? Or doing wrong? I'd really love all my poses to be able to work in game. I have like, a crapload of them and would like to use them :sorrow:
Back to top Go down
Bliss
Creator
Creator

Tokens : 12369

PostSubject: Re: Pose issue - help!   Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:14 am

Lidicora wrote:
Ok so I am really getting frustrated I can't figure my poses out. I don't know where exactly the corruption is, but maybe someone can be of assistance. Here is EXACTLY what i do:

I take the blank pose file:
a_xvert_701_clip.package

I open s3pe. I put said file into s3pe. I click "export and rename". I rename it "a_lidi_test"

It gives me a file that is a whole bunch of crap, plus "a_lidi_test%%+clip.animation" it is 356 bytes.

I open blender. Load female rig, import my clip.anim file. Make pose. Awesome times.

I click export -> sims animation. It makes me choose a name. I again choose a_lidi_test. then i select the a_lidi_test%%clip.anim file and hit "export".

Now i look at the file. It's 12 KB. So clearly the pose has saved onto it. now in my folder there is also a file that has the samename but says "backup" at the end of the filename and is only 4 KB. No idea what that is. Moving on.

I take my .animation file and go back into s3pe. I click "Export as .package" once again naming it a_lidi_test. it is now a .package file and I put it in my mod folder with ever other pose I use (that all work. Pose player runs perfectly fine in my game).

Now according to EVERY TUTORIAL EVER it should work. But when I click "Pose by name" and type in a_lidi_test, my entire game freezes. I can't even command_return to window mode it and force stop. I literally have to hard shut down my computer. What is going on? What could be going so wrong with the pose that it locks up the whole game? I type in the names of poses i get from other people and there's never a problem, so i know it's with my pose, not with pose player. Is there a step i'm missing? Or doing wrong? I'd really love all my poses to be able to work in game. I have like, a crapload of them and would like to use them :sorrow:

Before you exported do you click "I" and click locrot?
Back to top Go down
http://unboundart.forumotion.com
cloudeu

Tokens : 2136

PostSubject: Re: Pose issue - help!   Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:42 pm

That happened to me a few times, though I wouldn't know what it is since it doesn't do anymore. Maybe you didn't do what Bliss said. Well, hope you get it sorted out and sorry I'm not any help :P
Back to top Go down
Lidicora

PostSubject: Re: Pose issue - help!   Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:59 am

Figured it out. It's actually not me. It's a problem with the way Mac's export the new CLIPtool rigs. The rigs themselves show up on macs, but change all the clip IID's to zero's and refuse to be recognized as game files. I've already talked with Orangemittens and A about it and a solution is in the works. Thanks you!!!
Back to top Go down
cloudeu

Tokens : 2136

PostSubject: Re: Pose issue - help!   Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:31 pm

good luck with poses! :]
Back to top Go down
Lidicora

PostSubject: Re: Pose issue - help!   Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:58 am

Thanks Cloudeu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content