SimsUnbound
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user
Latest topics
New* Before & After EditingSat Apr 11, 2015 3:56 am435q
BARBIETOPIA, THE PRINCESS EDITION♛ MOCK DUE TOMORROW ☺Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:38 amBobSkellington
Face Off Cycle 4 - WINNER ANNOUNCED!!Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:19 amNinisims
Vana's Custom ContentSun Feb 22, 2015 6:17 pmVanadis
Pixelated Cycle One Sign Ups OpenThu Jan 22, 2015 3:43 pmbestfrienemies14
Statistics
We have 5583 registered usersThe newest registered user is worknmamaOur users have posted a total of 118969 messagesin 1676 subjects

"Im New & Need Help!"

+12
Sasha19
Bubbles1419
Hollena
giseledrianna.costa
Scruffy19
sweetstop7
Sugarshoes9cc
JaLiBo
LE
Georgiefred
mvande
Bliss
16 posters
Go down
Bliss
Bliss
Creator
Creator
Tokens : 14663
https://unboundart.forumotion.com

"Im New & Need Help!" - Page 2 Empty "Im New & Need Help!"

Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:33 pm
First topic message reminder :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hello Unbounders! I am putting together a group of tutorials for those commonly asked questions you see or those commonly made mistakes. I will be covering all the basics from Uploading an Image to downloading CC & Mods.
As I post new tutorials, I will update the first page with a direct link to the tutorial so you will be able to click on what you are looking for and will be directly taken to the tutorial of your choice.

If there is something in the tutorial that you have questions about or I didn't cover for you, Please feel free to ask and I will be more than happy to answer your question. You can also request a tutorial and I will try my best to put one together for you if I feel it is something that will be useful for other simmers. Don't be shy if you have a question or request!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Bliss on Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:00 am; edited 7 times in total

Bliss
Bliss
Creator
Creator

"Im New & Need Help!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "Im New & Need Help!"

Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:00 am

Well first things first! If you havnt already, you need to go in game and while in "edit town" mode, go to 'Options" Once you go in options you will be changing all your setting to HIGH. You should also make sure your screen resolution is on the highest possible. Why? Well because your screen resolution is the biggest part that plays into your graphics looking fantabulous :P. If you are using a laptop with a smaller screen resolution naturally, Your graphics will only be able to be "OKAY" and maybe "Good". I play on a rather large screen so my graphics are what you would consider awesome sauce :3

So we have ... Ick, okay, good and Awesome sauce graphics :P Got it? Good! Everyone should be able to get to "Okay" graphics with these minor adjustments in your "Options". If you are running around with Ick graphics then you should not go any further into the modeling world until you have taken care of this step.

Lighting Tips & Tricks -
ALWAYS make sure you have good lighting on your model! It is important not to have what I call "raccoon face" when taking photo's. What is racoon face you may ask? Let me graph this out for you...

Raccoon face commonly happens when you take photo's of your sim out in the sunlight, or standing under a ceiling light. I would like to first say that I think ceiling lights are EVIL ;) Now that it has been said I will explain why...If you use ivisible lights and put them infront of your model, you get a better quality looking photo (no raccoon look), and nice rounded appearance on the sides of the body (adding depth).

Proper Lighting

Wait did I say "Invisible lights"? What the heck is an invisible light you ask? So when you are in game and you press "ctrl + Shift + C" all at the same time you will have this snazzy grey bar appear at the top of you sims screen. When this bar appears you should type in "Buydebug" this will now give you this really cool "?" mark option where you will be able to locate invisible lights. How the invisible light works...You can see the light while in build and buy mode but as soon as you go into Live mode they will POOF but still illuminate the light. Now that is genuis?

Finding Invisible Lights:

Invisible Light set up:

SAVE YOUR IMAGE AS .PNG -
Omg this is such an easy thing to forget and makes a HUGE Differnce. So images already come as .JPG and that is "meh okay". When you save your image as a .PNG this will sharpen up your image and make the quality appear better.

How do I save my image as .PNG? -
Well once you are done editing your image in GIMP, PS, Paint or what the Diablo...Picnik :S When you "Save as" you will change the part that says ".JPG" to ".PNG". SIMPLE AS THAT!
Bubbles1419
Bubbles1419
Tokens : 6179

Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:12 am
I never knew about the invisible lights until now! I guess that makes me not so awesome sauce with graphics! ;)

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Bliss
Bliss
Creator
Creator

Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:10 am
I will be adding more soon, I just had to re post those because I will be making a directory on the first page where you can just click the tut you would like to see and it will send you to the page it is posted "Im New & Need Help!" - Page 2 650269930
Bliss
Bliss
Creator
Creator

Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:03 am

When submitting an application for a competition you may see the host require that you submit a Head shot & Body Shot of your model on a solid background. Why a solid background you may ask? Solid backgrounds serve many different purposes...For one if the host wants a specific color scheme throughout the competition they may ask for a specific color for your model to be submitted on, or another common reason is because the host wants to remove your sim from the background and create a "Model Wall". Solid Backgrounds make removing a sim from a background easy and quick, No Host wants to have to spend 20 min trying to remove your sim from a busy/hectic background.

Model Wall? What the heck is this? Model wall is usually a collage of head shots put together or one group photo of all the Models submitted put together in one photo. This serves as a way to showcase all the models that are participating in the competition in one area. Some Host may even mark the model off as they are eliminated or drop from the competition.

Basic Application Form:

Username:
Models Name:
Head Shot - Solid BG
Body Shot - Solid BG
Bio

So we have an Example of a Basic Model Application form above which will show you what most host ask for when hosting a competition. Most applicants throw something together rather fast and pay no mine to the quality and photo angles of the shot. Why is this important? Well for one, your model will be showcased on the first page of the competition most likely....For two, A lot of host used the initial head shot submitted as part of the signature at the end of the competition if you are to make it to the finals. And For three...You should put forth enough effort into your application to show that you are a serious competitor and wont slack off.

So how do you take a proper Head shot & Body Shot?

This is what NOT to do....

or

The photo's above have bad photo angles. It is important that when taking a head shot or body shot of your model, you should get a straight on shot. None of that birds eye view stuff or nostril peeking stuff...

I have already covered lighting in the "Enhancing my Quality" tutorial. But I will say it again! DO not take a photo with poor lighting, it will make your photo lack the "WoW" factor and just look poor.

Upside Down Triangle Below...

Body Shot: A little trick when taking a Full body shot? If you are not aware of the "Tab" button while in game, I will cover this below...But the tab button allows you to go into camera mode and move the camera around freely. When taking the Body shot, You should go at about torso level with the model and then go into "Tab" and take the shot. If you take the full body shot at a head level it will almost look as if you have a downward angle shot of your model and her body will appear as if she is an upside down triangle "Im New & Need Help!" - Page 2 1371890812 Who wants an Upside down triangle? Not me...

This is what TO do....

The Photo's above will show you that the Model has enough proper lighting to view her with no heavy shadows, and the angle is straight on.

Proportional Body Shot:

The Body Shot above was taken at upper torso level so that we are able to get the entire body at a proportional view. This means we have full view of the face, no legs getting thinner at the ankles because of a weird birds eye view and ofc no looking up the skirt "Im New & Need Help!" - Page 2 4073985934

Tab Button:
When In game if you press the "TAB" button you will notice the camera goes into free movement mode. When in this mode, you can move the camera all around and rotate it. If you press "Shift A" or "Shift D" then the camera will rotate a full 180 degrees. I recommend when taking body shots, You rotate the camera 90 degrees to get a full and large body shot of your sim. This will also help keep down a lot of pix-elation around the sim if you have poorer graphics.

If you have any questions. Please feel free to ask!

HotChic
HotChic
Tokens : 4132

Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:45 pm
I downloaded some poses, but how do I install them on my game?
HotChic
HotChic

Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:01 pm
also, when I tried the invisble light thing, It didn't work
Bliss
Bliss
Creator
Creator

Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:32 am
In order to use invisible lights you have to type in the cheat code "Buydebug" and it will create a catagory for you to browse from "Im New & Need Help!" - Page 2 650269930

For the poses installation, I can either make a tut or direct you in a place that has some tuts "Im New & Need Help!" - Page 2 650269930
HotChic
HotChic

Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:18 am
Could you please direct my to a tut cause It would be the quickest way, but you should still make a tut about it, cause I'm sure I'm not the only newbie that has got confused. Thankyou for taking the time to help me
HotChic
HotChic

Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:20 am
opps, I mean please direct me to a tut,
not "please direct my to a tut"
Sorry about my grammer mistake
Bliss
Bliss
Creator
Creator

Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:22 am
HotChic wrote:Could you please direct my to a tut cause It would be the quickest way, but you should still make a tut about it, cause I'm sure I'm not the only newbie that has got confused. Thankyou for taking the time to help me

I use youtube or everything because I prefer videos <3

Here ya go - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You must have "Pose Player' which is the program that allows you to use the pose packs you download "Im New & Need Help!" - Page 2 650269930
HotChic
HotChic

Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:24 am
Also, when I typed in "Buydebug" it said it that that cheat did not exist
HotChic
HotChic

Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:25 am
where can you download pose player?
Georgiefred
Georgiefred
Tokens : 7484

Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:55 am
Here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But you'll need to make an account on modthesims before you can download
HotChic
HotChic

Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:12 am
thankyou, but what do I do about the invisble lighting problem?
Bliss
Bliss
Creator
Creator

Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:39 pm
type in "testingcheatsenabled true" first then you can type in "buydebug" and it will all work.

Sorry was unaware you didnt know to type that in frst "Im New & Need Help!" - Page 2 369142835
Bliss
Bliss
Creator
Creator

Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:41 pm
HotChic wrote:where can you download pose player?

All of that information is in the tutorial I linked you "Im New & Need Help!" - Page 2 650269930
TheMadHatter
TheMadHatter

Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:18 pm
This is really good advice, Bliss. Thank you! I didn't know about the .PNG thing. Can't wait to use it!
Bliss
Bliss
Creator
Creator

Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:25 am
"Im New & Need Help!" - Page 2 650269930 Glad it was helpful!
eggy900
eggy900
Tokens : 4465

Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:23 pm
This is helpful, definitely - I didn't know about the .PNG thing, either, and for quite a while I was a culprit of the raccoon face... >.>
gemmabubbles
gemmabubbles
Tokens : 4759

Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:30 pm
Its really embarrassing how I have been modeling (on and off) for two years and I didn't know half the things here. Does png really help? I must try it!
Bliss
Bliss
Creator
Creator

Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:30 pm
I believe .png can help quite a bit "Im New & Need Help!" - Page 2 650269930 Perhaps save as both and compare the two next to each other?
gemmabubbles
gemmabubbles
Tokens : 4759

Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:52 am
Bliss wrote:I believe .png can help quite a bit :)Perhaps save as both and compare the two next to each other?
Good idea "Im New & Need Help!" - Page 2 650269930 I will try and report back :p
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum