Share | 

Q&A COMPETITION WORTHY?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sky

Tokens : 2334

PostSubject: Q&A COMPETITION WORTHY?   Sun May 29, 2011 8:09 pm

Heyy guys!
I just wanted to get a few opinions on this sim I made for a one of beech's comps but I did not have the time to enter. D:
Considering this was going to be my first comp I am kinda glad because I don't know if my pics or models are comp worthy.
That's where you guys come in. Do you think my model is comp worthy? If not then what should I work on?

Here's my model.
The challenge was Classy.

Little black dress. :D
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Classy?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Opinions?
Ideas?

Thank you!
Sky~
Back to top Go down
http://skyscrapersims.blogspot.com/
Rawla

Tokens : 2565

PostSubject: Re: Q&A COMPETITION WORTHY?   Sun May 29, 2011 9:12 pm

Hello. Sorry you did not have time to enter. Here are a few of my thoughts.

1. The model is beautiful. Certainly model worthy.
2. The quality of the graphics you are using to take the pictures needs to be improved as high as they can go. As they are now is not so good.
3. The 'Classy' entry is gorgeous in content and idea. The pose is great. The clothes and props were good choices.The angle of the camera though makes the white chair look a little strange. Perhaps a slightly different angle or maybe even a little change in color, fabric or pattern for the chair? Play around with it a little.
4. If this were an actual entry you would have been deducted points for forgetting the 'thin black border' which was one of the requirements.

Yes, I'm being picky but I know you will be an awesome contender with a few small improvements. I hope you join a comp soon. You'll have fun! :sunny:
Back to top Go down
Sky

PostSubject: Re: Q&A COMPETITION WORTHY?   Sun May 29, 2011 9:48 pm

Rawla wrote:
Hello. Sorry you did not have time to enter. Here are a few of my thoughts.

1. The model is beautiful. Certainly model worthy.
2. The quality of the graphics you are using to take the pictures needs to be improved as high as they can go. As they are now is not so good.
3. The 'Classy' entry is gorgeous in content and idea. The pose is great. The clothes and props were good choices.The angle of the camera though makes the white chair look a little strange. Perhaps a slightly different angle or maybe even a little change in color, fabric or pattern for the chair? Play around with it a little.
4. If this were an actual entry you would have been deducted points for forgetting the 'thin black border' which was one of the requirements.

Yes, I'm being picky but I know you will be an awesome contender with a few small improvements. I hope you join a comp soon. You'll have fun! :sunny:

Thank you for the feedback!
Im glad to hear I have a chance in a comp! XD
But I do have a question. What do you mean all of them have to be on high? I have sim detail and shadow and all that stuff that involves the actual sims as high as it can go but do you have ALL options on high? For ex like tree detail and all that? Maybe thats why my pics come out all pixely.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sky

PostSubject: Re: Q&A COMPETITION WORTHY?   Mon May 30, 2011 11:55 am

Pistolkitten wrote:
You don't need tree detail etc on high unless you're taking a picture with trees in it .

If you have all your settings on high that's as good as your graphics is going to get, its all dependent on how good your card is, I have mine on high but it doesn't look as good as some other simmers when they have theirs on high.

To improve the quality of your pictures try using spotlight lights whenever possible instead of overhead lights, they give the objects and sims they cast light on more depth and bring out the detail.

Then tweak all your images sharpness with editing software.
okay, thank you. I have everything on high except tree detail, draw distance, and reflections because i dont really need to see reflections, unless you think that would somehow change the way my sims look. lol. i guess my graphics card must suck then. D: oh well I guess that only thing i can do is work with what i got and try my best.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sky

PostSubject: Re: Q&A COMPETITION WORTHY?   Mon May 30, 2011 4:06 pm

Felicia wrote:
There are photo editors that you can use to tweak the appearance of your photos. I use GIMP, it works pretty good!
wow I LOVE YOU. this is exactly what i was looking for. i was using photobucket to edit my photos. lol. this is awesome! its like a mini photoshop. thank you. ^^
Back to top Go down
Luke

Tokens : 3060

PostSubject: Re: Q&A COMPETITION WORTHY?   Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:09 am

Your sim is prrreeety :<3:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Q&A COMPETITION WORTHY?   

Back to top Go down

Q&A COMPETITION WORTHY?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: Play and Chat-
Jump to: