The newest registered user is worknmama

Our users have posted a total of 167591 messages in 2699 subjects

Share | 

Tutorial: Resetting the game by Crinrict

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
debbie2qlts

Tokens : 4420

PostSubject: Tutorial: Resetting the game by Crinrict   Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:28 pm

This is a great way to re-set your game when you are having problems.

Resetting the game to factory settings - by Crinrict
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Many problems can be pinpointed on cc or corruption in your user data. There’s an easy way to reset your game to factory settings without going through the ordeal of reinstalling the whole thing.

Path can be different depending on your OS):

Make a backup of theSims3 folder in Documents\ElectronicArts to an external drive.

Rename your theSims3 folder in Documents\ElectronicArts to Sims3_Backup

Start the game or the launcher (All your save games will be gone, your options will be reset to factory settings and all your store cc will be gone. Not to worry, it’s all still there in that backup folder).

A new Sims3 folder will have been recreated in your documents\electronicArts folder. Some folders might be missing for they are only created when you need them.

Quit the game and the launcher

Move the options.ini file from your backup folder to your newly created folder in documents\electronicArts\thesims3 to recover your graphic/sounds/gameplay options

Go to programs\electronicarts\thesims3 and make sure you DO NOT have a mods folder there. If you do, move that to your desktop. Also make sure that there is no resource.cfg on that level (there will be on in your gamebin folder, don’t delete that one).
Repeat above step for every expansion you have.

Start your game. You will need to start a new game for the other one is still missing right now.

See if your error is gone. If so, you can put starting the folders back, starting with your saves. Check your game after every folder.
This file UserPresets.package is all your custom styles you created in game, so you need to copy that one back as well.

The files PassportData.package and ChallengeData.package contain your SimPort and Achievements progress. Make sure to put back.
The folder Collections contains your collections. Make sure to put that back.

If you had a mods folder in your programs folder, don’t put it back. CC does not go there any more.

If you find a mods folder in your documents folder, make sure you only put the stuff back that you know to be compatible
ALL CC can be bad and cause problems. If you found out which folder is causing problems, use the 50%-Method to find the guilty parties. Remember that more then one object can be faulty.

Back to top Go down
debbie2qlts

Tokens : 4420

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: Resetting the game by Crinrict   Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:28 pm

Reserve
Back to top Go down
Bliss
Creator
Creator

Tokens : 12308

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: Resetting the game by Crinrict   Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:02 pm

OooOooOoo thank you for this
Back to top Go down
http://unboundart.forumotion.com
Elasticgirl
Trusted Host
Trusted Host

Tokens : 12041

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: Resetting the game by Crinrict   Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:29 pm

Thank you Debbie I shall try this one right now
Back to top Go down
elena-engel

Tokens : 1608

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: Resetting the game by Crinrict   Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:46 am

Yesterday I had a problem that my Sims' hair looked strange and I fixed it, but if I hadn't fixed it already I would've followed this tutorial
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: Resetting the game by Crinrict   

Back to top Go down

Tutorial: Resetting the game by Crinrict
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: Tech Help-
Jump to: