Our users have posted a total of 167591 messages in 2699 subjects

Share | 

Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Beech

Tokens : 17561

PostSubject: Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th   Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well, let's try to see if we can get some interest for something a little less fashion-y and more story-based! This is one of my favorite competitions and one that has had huge success in the past.

BE WARNED: This is a non-elimination competition!

While story-based could scare some of you into thinking you're just not that creative or scare some of you away thinking it's too time-consuming, I want to be the first to tell you - STOP IT!

This is not a super intense competition and actually is quite simple to do and hasn't made previous competitors feel overwhelmed in the past! It's fun, it requires creativity, and I know you'll love it!

So...what the heck is this? Well, it's quite simply a story competition that will chronicle your model's trip through his/her senior year of high school at the prestigious Senior High! This school moves around a lot, but is always accepting of the most unique students.

We've been in Sunset Valley, we even have a campus in space! Well, this year, Senior High's newest campus opens up: The Underworld Campus

This campus is for those who are less likely to strive for the limelight. The students at this campus are unique in a darker way. We require our students to be full of secrets, mystery, and even some special, perhaps creepy talents!

Both YA male and female models accepted!

No negativity of any kind is allowed - this includes belittling yourself
Editing is allowed and highly recommended
NO face-plastering or photo-skinning
You are allowed to draw your own clothing or objects
Only 2 extensions per person per cycle - yes I will be keeping track
Only 2 days MAX extensions are allowed - you must ask for one at
least 24 hours in advanced
Assignments last 7 days
Deadlines are set at Pacific Standard Times - adjust accordingly
Please don't drop - if you are too busy or think you will drop, DON'T SIGN UP!
Writing creative mini-stories is required for this competition
Have fun and be creative

NEEDS TO CHECK IN

CHECKED IN
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

ASSIGNMENT SUBMITTED
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Extensions Granted
Vana |
SoCal |
Vid |
Nini |
Cyan |

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thread @ Officials

Last edited by Beech on Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:36 pm; edited 62 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Beech

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th   Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:22 am

ASSIGNMENT 1 DUE 2.27 - RESERVES GET IN PLEASE!
Back to top Go down
BookBluff

Tokens : 1819

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th   Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:11 pm

Username: BookBluff
Model Name: [s]Judith Church[/s] Rhiannon
Creep Factor: Power Mimicry
Headshot: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Bodyshot: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
BookBluff

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th   Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:33 pm

My family? Well, that's them. The four girls I'm closest to in the world. We grew up together. In a convent, raised by Nuns who hated us and made us fear what we had to offer the world. It wasn't just us five, either. There was another girl. But she betrayed us at the last.
Where should I start? That girl on the left? That's Abigail. She was born with the power to shapeshift, and abandoned by her parents for it. When her parents witnessed her shifting into a mouse, at two months old, they freaked. And what did they do next? Naturally they abandoned her on the door of the church. At least her family cared if she lasted the night.
Tirzah's didn't. Mine didn't. Tirzah's the girl next to me. She was abandoned when she was three years old, when she said something to her family that she couldn't have known. Something that was left unspoken. Tirzah can read minds, a useful ability, if you ask me. She was my best friend. Particularly after we figured out what my power was.
Then there are the twins. The one crouching down is Lydia, with the power of premonition. She's the one who made us get out. Abigail and Eve weren't convinced at first. Not until Tirzah and I backed her up. We'd both witnessed what Lydia had seen. The Nuns had planned to use our powers for their own good. They'd already started with Eve. Eve who didn't come with us, at the end.
I should probably talk about Eve, though she isn't here. I don't consider her part of my family any more. She has the power of healing. I remember once protesting that she, at least, should be given free reign over her powers. How could the power to heal be considered evil? But the Nuns disregarded me, punishing me for acting out (and thinking for myself, I think that's what got me in most of the trouble). But they'd already been using her power. For years, apparently.
The last girl is Phoebe. She has pyrokinesis.
The five of us got out as soon as we could, despite Eve trying to convince us to stay. We changed our names, and got the Diablo out of dodge. Phoebe, Lydia and Abigail got rid of the brands on their faces. Tirzah and I decided to keep ours, as a reminder of where we've come from.
This is the last photo of all of us together, and the one I'm happiest with. It's the only one where we're all comfortable with who we are. We'd been raised to fear our powers, to think they were evil, given to us by the devil. That we had to repent. Well, those Nuns should be the ones repenting, from keeping us away from the world.
No more did we wear the itchy old clothes of the convent, or adhere to their dresscodes. Though I still wore the gloves that had been forced upon me. There's no telling what kind of trouble I might get into without them, I won't risk it. I did make sure to touch Tirzah before we all parted. Now, until I touch someone else, I can read minds, like she can.
I'll miss my friends; my sisters. But we can't stay together. Even Phoebe and Lydia are splitting up. I'm sure we shall all meet again one day. When we're safe from the Nuns.

Part Two:
Back to top Go down
Beech

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th   Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:28 pm

Awesome creep factor Bookie
Back to top Go down
Ninisims

Tokens : 5117

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th   Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:09 pm

Love this, Bookie!
Back to top Go down
BookBluff

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th   Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:19 am

<3 thank you guys :3
Back to top Go down
bjorn979

Tokens : 1600

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th   Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:46 pm

Beech...Just spotted this thread and want you to know that I think it looks and sounds super.  It's good to learn that you're still hosting great Sims 3 comps.

Enjoy, everyone.  
Back to top Go down
Beech

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th   Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:52 pm

Love seeing you Bjorn! Miss you!
Back to top Go down
Beech

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th   Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:05 am

boop!
Back to top Go down
Beech

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th   Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:15 pm

So, it's gotten to the point on the officials where I have exceeded my "characters" in the assignments post. So, I've made you a separate website to see all stories. Photos will still be posted here and results will still go here as well.

ALL ASSIGNMENTS CAN BE READ HERE
Back to top Go down
Ninisims

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th   Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:58 pm

Just so you know.....I am working on it!

EDIT: Gave it my best shot.  Scrapped my story 3 times and just gave up.  I was so close...it was such a great idea. Sorry
Back to top Go down
Beech

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th   Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:11 pm

lol I don't mind waiting if you are still wanting to join Nini
Back to top Go down
Beech

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th   Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:21 pm

I'm still really trying to find a judge for this to work with me. I'm going to try for today and tomorrow, if I don't find one I'll go on with just me. With that time, I'm allowing Kayla or Nini turn in if they still want to join.
Back to top Go down
Ninisims

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th   Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:39 pm

Sweet! Was still working on it cuz I really liked my idea anyways
Back to top Go down
Ninisims

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th   Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:24 pm

Double post....but here you go!

Beech...if you don't get anyone to judge, I will step out and help. I don't mind

Family photo:

Here is the required family photo.  You asked for crazy….as if looking at us as a family doesn't satisfy that requirement. We don’t exactly look like your normal, everyday family.  We sort of stick out like a neon flag in a dark room.  Sorry, I have a tendency for drama.  That is what my mom says anyway. I guess overall, we are a great family. I mean we love each other, we laugh, try to have as much fun as possible but there is an overlying element of fear, frustration and things can explode every now and then.

History lesson 101:  When my mom was 12 she got really sick, I mean like deathbed sick.  Her mom had died in childbirth and her dad—my grandpa, of course—had raised her by himself and was all crazy with worry over her dying too.  He was a scientist and worked for the government.  I guess he was kind of a gullible sort cuz some other scientists in a different part of the lab he worked at had been perfecting a new vaccine. They tried it on rats and, for the most part, it worked.  Against what, no one knows.  They gave it to my grandpa and convinced him it would make his daughter better. At first she heaved and thrashed around on the bed and stopped breathing….okay, okay, not quite.  She almost stopped breathing and then had a couple seizures.  Grandpa was convinced he had killed her and drank himself in to a coma.  

A day later, she walked out into the main house and when grandpa looked up, he cried out in horror…I guess relief came much later.  Anyways, her skin was grey, her hair was blue and she looked a lot different—but, she was alive. I guess they never really got on after that cuz grandpa was kind of afraid of her.  He was also worried about what the lab would do, so he told them she died, packed up their stuff and moved away.  

My dad met my grandpa after they moved and became really good friends with him even though he was old.  He would come over and mow the grass, fix things in the house and mom always had to stay in her room.  Dad knew some girl lived there cuz he would  see nail polish, hair spray  and girly stuff and he got curious so he peeked in a crack in some curtains that hadn’t been closed and saw her.  Guess he liked strange cuz he thought she was cute.

Then they fell in love--gag--and grandpa knew she had someone to take care of her for a while.  Mom doesn’t age anymore.  Dad does but his aging slowed down.  I will NOT go into details of why.  Anyways, grandpa died and it was only my mom and dad now.  Mom eventually got pregnant with my brother, Duran.  Two years later, she had me.  We can’t go out cuz as you can see, I hope, we are too weird looking and don’t fit in—even weirder than my mom.  She home schools us and dad works odd jobs here and there.  We move a lot and always live on the outside of towns. When my brother was 15, he found out he had weird powers.  He ran away a couple years ago wanting to see if there are any more of us out there, so I won’t tell what his power is.  I got my powers just a year ago.  I can take over others’ bodies and become them.  That is why I have tattoos….I fooled my mom and dad into thinking I was one or the other and saying it was okay.  I was grounded for months—it sucked!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot! My name is Vix. Hi!

School photo:
Back to top Go down
Beech

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th   Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:43 pm

Wait a minute, Nini, did I miss your model app? I just need to know her name and creep factor
Back to top Go down
Beech

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th   Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:48 pm

So, I've got someone lined up to judge at least this first round. Keeping my fingers crossed on finding a permanent judge by round 2. With that being said, sign ups are now officially closed.
Back to top Go down
Ninisims

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th   Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:26 pm

No, you didn't! I am doing things backwards

Username: Nini
Model name: Vix Donovan
Creep factor: Soul shifter--Can take over other people's bodies

Headshot:

Bodyshot:
Back to top Go down
Beech

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th   Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:14 pm

lol okay, just checking!
Back to top Go down
Beech

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th   Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:29 pm

Okay, everything is posted. I've updated the scoring section and added in the extra credit bonuses starting this round
Back to top Go down
BookBluff

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th   Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:22 pm

Thanks for the scores, checking in :3 <3
Back to top Go down
Vanadis

Tokens : 6877

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th   Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:04 pm

Chicken Inn!

gah now I want Chicken Shack (this really Poopy-looking but insanely good chicken joint by my house) Seriously it looks ghetto and run down.... but awesome chicken. And mashed taters.

The Mexican food place ruined my food so I didn't eat it so I'm hungry XD

Anyway I've already got my story written and Ace gets his Donkey kicked. Poor Acey.
Back to top Go down
Beech

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th   Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:34 pm

lol Vana...you crack my eggs.
Back to top Go down
Ninisims

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th   Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:47 pm

You two

Got some ideas churning....guess I need some costumes or something for my sims.  Off to download more CC and make my game explode!

EDIT: Beech, love the school photos ♥️
Back to top Go down
Beech

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th   Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:00 pm

Thankies Nini
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th   

Back to top Go down

Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Characters & Modeling :: Modeling-
Jump to: