SimsUnbound
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user
Latest topics
New* Before & After EditingSat Apr 11, 2015 3:56 am435q
BARBIETOPIA, THE PRINCESS EDITION♛ MOCK DUE TOMORROW ☺Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:38 amBobSkellington
Face Off Cycle 4 - WINNER ANNOUNCED!!Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:19 amNinisims
Vana's Custom ContentSun Feb 22, 2015 6:17 pmVanadis
Pixelated Cycle One Sign Ups OpenThu Jan 22, 2015 3:43 pmbestfrienemies14
Statistics
We have 5583 registered usersThe newest registered user is worknmamaOur users have posted a total of 118969 messagesin 1676 subjects

Go down
nerdiella
nerdiella
Tokens : 4649

Julia's Easy Hair Drawing Tutorial for beginners Empty Julia's Easy Hair Drawing Tutorial for beginners

Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:56 pm
Someone asked how I did the drawing on my sims, so I thought I would convert the way I do it to gimp and put it up!

This type of hair drawing really should not take more than 15-30 minutes to do, depending on how detailed you want your hair.

First open up the image of your sim in GIMP. You can already have short hair on your sim to follow the shape, but I prefer to do it without hair.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Now, click Layer - New Layer. You dont need to name it, but this will be your base layer.
Now, find the color you want your hair to be based off of. I suggest not going to dark, so if you want to black, I suggest using a dark purple or blue as the base.

You don't need to download a brush. When looking for the brush to use, use one of the larger circle brushes. Put the scale on 1-1.50. Out line and fill in your hair.
Now, take the smudge tool and thin out the edges. I suggest messing the the opacity some if you don't want all the color moving.

Mow, add another layer on top of the base, and change your color to a darker version of the base color. Using quick strokes, place the color following the direction of the hair. Now smudge it.
Repeat the last step with lighter colors (as many as you want) for highlights.

I also like to add darker colors at the top for roots.

If you have questions, I will be happy to answer. Otherwise, I would love to see the hair you create!
Hair I have done with this technique

nerdiella
nerdiella
Tokens : 4649

Julia's Easy Hair Drawing Tutorial for beginners Empty Re: Julia's Easy Hair Drawing Tutorial for beginners

Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:34 am
I just wants to add, that this is just my basic way of hair drawing that I started using for sims and non sims related drawings. For more detailed way of hair drawing, I suggest looking at Bliss's, Beech's, Vana's, or any of the other hair drawing tutorials here.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum