SimsUnbound
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user
Latest topics
New* Before & After EditingSat Apr 11, 2015 3:56 am435q
BARBIETOPIA, THE PRINCESS EDITION♛ MOCK DUE TOMORROW ☺Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:38 amBobSkellington
Face Off Cycle 4 - WINNER ANNOUNCED!!Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:19 amNinisims
Vana's Custom ContentSun Feb 22, 2015 6:17 pmVanadis
Pixelated Cycle One Sign Ups OpenThu Jan 22, 2015 3:43 pmbestfrienemies14
Statistics
We have 5583 registered usersThe newest registered user is worknmamaOur users have posted a total of 118969 messagesin 1676 subjects

Go down
Beech
Beech
Tokens : 19989

Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th - Page 3 Empty Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:50 pm
First topic message reminder :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well, let's try to see if we can get some interest for something a little less fashion-y and more story-based! This is one of my favorite competitions and one that has had huge success in the past.

BE WARNED: This is a non-elimination competition!

While story-based could scare some of you into thinking you're just not that creative or scare some of you away thinking it's too time-consuming, I want to be the first to tell you - STOP IT!

This is not a super intense competition and actually is quite simple to do and hasn't made previous competitors feel overwhelmed in the past! It's fun, it requires creativity, and I know you'll love it!

So...what the heck is this? Well, it's quite simply a story competition that will chronicle your model's trip through his/her senior year of high school at the prestigious Senior High! This school moves around a lot, but is always accepting of the most unique students.

We've been in Sunset Valley, we even have a campus in space! Well, this year, Senior High's newest campus opens up: The Underworld Campus

This campus is for those who are less likely to strive for the limelight. The students at this campus are unique in a darker way. We require our students to be full of secrets, mystery, and even some special, perhaps creepy talents!

Both YA male and female models accepted!

No negativity of any kind is allowed - this includes belittling yourself
Editing is allowed and highly recommended
NO face-plastering or photo-skinning
You are allowed to draw your own clothing or objects
Only 2 extensions per person per cycle - yes I will be keeping track
Only 2 days MAX extensions are allowed - you must ask for one at
least 24 hours in advanced
Assignments last 7 days
Deadlines are set at Pacific Standard Times - adjust accordingly
Please don't drop - if you are too busy or think you will drop, DON'T SIGN UP!
Writing creative mini-stories is required for this competition
Have fun and be creative

NEEDS TO CHECK IN

CHECKED IN

ASSIGNMENT SUBMITTED

Extensions Granted
Vana |
SoCal |
Vid |
Nini |
Cyan |

Thread @ Officials

Last edited by Beech on Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:36 pm; edited 62 times in total

Vanadis
Vanadis
Tokens : 9305

Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th - Page 3 Empty Re: Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th

Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:08 pm
Help, I have the plague!
aa13ls10
aa13ls10
Tokens : 5229

Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th - Page 3 Empty Re: Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th

Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:32 pm
Thanks for the scores. Sorry for not checking in sooner, I've had loads of work to do.
Beech
Beech

Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:17 am
No worries Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th - Page 3 650269930
Ninisims
Ninisims
Tokens : 7545

Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:11 pm
ideas, ideas...I have none -__-
Beech
Beech

Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:11 pm
Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th - Page 3 4073985934
aa13ls10
aa13ls10

Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:44 am
Assignment 2

Knock - Knock - Knock

'Ugh' moaned Trista.

Those trick-or-treaters had been keeping her on her feet all evening. Trista had never been keen on this holiday. I guess it partly stemmed back to how her parents would not let them out of the house so they could never get the treats all her friends had.

This resentment fulled Trista's hatred.

She had found a good film on the TV that she really wanted to watch but she kept on being interrupted by a constant stream of kids asking her for sweets.

Of course she didn't have any.

Finally an idea came into her mind - she could use her magic to get her own back on them. Add a little excitement to the evening.

Trista marched into the kitchen, her mind now only focused on the devious plan that was now evolving in her mind.

She opened the cupboards. Good. There were the right ingredients to make cookies. Trista had remembered a spell that should make her victims fall asleep within minutes. Asleep, the children could not knock on her door.

She turned on the oven and began to mix together her ingredients. She had never been the best baker but this didn't matter. She just needed to get the spell right, which would be a tall order considering the lack of control she has over her magic.

Trista flicked back through her mind and remembered the spell she needed. She pulled the steaming hot cookies out the oven and placed them on the counter.

'Extracti Krameriae.
Pulveris Iodoformi.
Amylii Pulveris.
Gelatini.
Misce omnia.
Coque per sextam partem horae et cola.'

She stepped back. Had she remembered it right? A faint pink mist begun to rise from the cookies. It had worked.

Trista placed them in a basket on the front door step so the children could take them. Let the quite night in begin!
Vanadis
Vanadis

Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:34 pm
I'm probably gonna need an extension. I can't kick this cold, and today the forum I run went Donkey-up with DNS issues...

And my ISP was being a jerk. Long story, but they were being really jerkish on the phone.

So yes. May I has extension?
Beech
Beech

Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:53 pm
No problem Vana.

Looks great aa13ls10!
BookBluff
BookBluff
Tokens : 4247

Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:35 am

I thought it was funny. It was Halloween, and everyone was dressing up. My roommate, and best friend in this place, Shamrock, dressed as a super hero, said I'd get in trouble. Though being in trouble all my life at the convent, for not being able to control whatever power I'd accidentally gotten from touching people... It was nice to be in trouble for something that I actually did.

I went as the invisible man. Well, woman. Only, instead of being invisible myself, all my clothes were. Woops.

I didn't even make it to my first class. Someone saw me and dobbed me in. I was immediately sent back to my dorm to get dressed. Someone was waiting for me in the common room. I didn't even know who she was when she punched me.

I'd never seen her before. Of course, now I know why that is. She's got the power of invisibility. I'd been planning on being careful, being completely naked. I'd have to be. I could get any power by accident from an accidental touch.

I spent the rest of the day getting in trouble that I hadn't intended. I faded in and out of invisibility. When I wore clothes they were the only thing visible when I disappeared... So I took them off. Which meant every time I faded back into visibility, I got in trouble again for being naked. Not to mention the amount of trouble I was in for being invisible in the first place. The other girl could control hers. She was never invisible in class.

It was just supposed to be a joke. A bit of fun.
Ninisims
Ninisims
Tokens : 7545

Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:39 pm
Amazing entries everyone!

Here's mine. Note: the lighting is supposed to be like that Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th - Page 3 650269930

Vix loved Halloween! It was her favorite day of the year because she could be herself and didn’t have to hide who she was.  Of course, there were also the sights—carved jack-o-lanterns candles making the shadows cast from them flicker eerily in the night, graveyards made on lawns, colorful or scary costumes, and the sounds—kids laughing, parents laughing with them or lying in wait to make scare them, spooky soundtracks with eerie voices. It was all so incredibly amazing.

While all those essential details were around her, things were different now.  She was older and couldn’t enjoy what she had as a child. The high school was hosting a Halloween party and so she went.  Some of her classmates came while some chose to stay home and still others went and did their own thing.  There were a couple of old buildings on school property decorated to cater to the high school kids and then an area outside just for the children. Vix found herself wandering to the building marked “Fortune Teller—Are you prepared to know your future?” a little off to the side but still within earshot of the children’s area. A few of the high school students were inside waiting for one of the teachers to start the show. She was the most beautiful teacher on campus and also the most rigid in what she expected.  For that reason alone, everyone talked about her behind her back.  

After waiting for 15 minutes while the teacher tried to create suspense and anticipation, Vix got bored and could tell the other students were too.  They were all about to walk out and go find something else to do.  Vix had a crazy idea to stir things up a bit.  She had been working on her power of soul shifting and learned to control it much better than before.  The hardest part was blending in with everyone else and not looking like a stone statue.  She had been practicing for a while for better control and just knew now was the time to do something crazy.

Taking a fairly believable “scared” pose while everyone was busy talking , Vix sent her spirit across the room into the teacher’s body.  Dramatically lifting her arms up and out in front of her, she stood and shuffled with a stiff-legged walk from behind the table towards the students milling around.  She shut her eyes, as they were really the teacher’s eyes, and in the colored mood lighting, they looked like dark, empty pits.  Slowly, she shuffled and rocked her arms back and forth and in a creepy voice, she began to speak.  “Fortunes, fortunes, fortunes.” Cocking her head, she continued, “Come my children, come closer. Let me read your futures to see what horrors will befall you.  Give me your palms so I can trace your lifelines to see where they will end.”  Pointing straight at the boy in the hotdog suit, “You, dog man, will be consumed by those who have hungered for you.”  It was all she could do not to laugh out loud in the teacher’s body at the look on his face.

At first they all just stood there in a trance, then they realized this wasn’t the show they had heard about from the other students.  The resulting effect was astounding. The students crouched in fear and screamed.  One girl froze clasping her hands and the boy in the hotdog costume turned to run for his life.  Now THIS would be a Halloween to remember, especially if that screaming outside in the children’s area was anything to go by!
Beech
Beech

Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:38 am
Love them!
Vanadis
Vanadis

Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:21 pm
Working on this now. My eye swelled shut last night due to an allergic reaction... It's mostly better now. But there was no way I could have done a photo one-eyed XD
Vanadis
Vanadis

Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:45 am
Beech, my eye infection came back. I don't know what to do. I'm hoping if I take a pill and put drops in and take a nap it'll get better, but... like...

I dunno. I really hope I can get this in but I can't do it with one eye x.x
Vanadis
Vanadis

Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:05 pm
I had to do it one-eyed, but here it is...

It was no surprise to me that I wasn't doing well in school. I never did. My mind was always on other things, things that kept me from concentrating on anything. I couldn't do my essays; I couldn't make friends, and I couldn't get past the whispers and flashes of images in my mind. We had to do a presentation and I just froze. And then panicked, and then had to leave the class.

So my first week sucked, to put it plainly. The only break I got was when I went to my near-dark room and stared at the ceiling, counting the tiles. The monotony quieted the invasive thoughts.

As I was walking back to my dorm after class Halloween afternoon, my pack laden with homework that I wasn't going to be able to concentrate on, I heard, "Can you take them off? Ace, right? Do they come off?"

I turned to see a blonde girl covered in freckles. "What? I mean... do what come off?"

"Your crystals. Can you take them off?"

"No, why?"

"What type are they? Quartz?"

I furrowed my brow and shook my head. "They're not really... rocks. They're organic. They're part of me. Why do you want me to take them off?"

"I need an offering," she said. "Quartz is preferred. But I can't find anyone with any quartz here."

"So you're asking me to take parts of my head off? Are you nuts?" I turned and started to walk away from her. She had to be barking mad. I wasn't going to take parts of my head off for an 'offering.' And to who knew what, too!

"Wait, Ace," she said. "You should come meet up with a few of us tonight in the woods."

"I don't trust you," I said. "First you're telling me to take my crystals off, now you're telling me to go out in the woods with you and I don't even know your name."

"My name's Kelsey." She shuffled her feet, like she was hiding something. That, I noticed. "Is that any better?"

"Oh, that's much better," I said, my voice dripping sarcasm like venom. "Yeah, no, I don't think I'll go with you. Thanks, but no thanks."

"It's just a séance," she said.

"Right, so I can get something else in my head. Yeah, definitely, I'll come... Hah. Not. Will you just p!ss off already?" I huffed and started back toward my dorm where I could maybe take a crack at my maths homework. And then I found that I couldn't move. In my mind I saw a candle burning black, and I heard screams in my head. It floored me; I dropped and covered my ears, but it didn't matter because the screams were inside my head, not outside. I saw a Shade. A black figure, a demon of the underworld, servant of death. My father had told me about them, but I'd never seen one. Somehow I knew that was exactly what it was. Once I could move, I reached up to my head to push my hair back off my face, and my crystals were burning hot; that was the first time that had ever happened.

Kelsey was gone, I noticed as I came back to the real world. "God help me," I whispered, cursing under my breath. I'd have to go out into the woods. I couldn't let them awaken a Shade.

So that night I dressed warmly; it was a bit chilly. Leaves crunched under my feet as I made my way through the school grounds, following my instincts. I could hear a buzzing in my head that grew stronger as I walked through the woods. I came upon a bonfire, just barely going, and a few students I recognized from classes but didn't know. Kelsey was there.

"Ace!" she smiled. "Glad you made it! What made you change your mind?"

"You can't go through with this," I said. "You don't know what you're doing, and if you do it, and you wake up a Shade, then you're doomed. It'll take one of you. Or more. I'm going right back to tell the Dean what you're doing."

"Oh no you don't!" she said. "You go sit over by Cameron. Blond guy. We need you as the offering. Like, you won't die or anything. We just need you for your crystals."

"I'll ask again, are you nuts?"

"Please, Ace, just do it. I'm just going to summon someone to talk to."

"You're crazy!" I cried.

"She's a witch," Cameron -- I guess? -- said. "She's done this loads of times."

"And I'm a psychic," I said. "Whatever comes through that veil is not going to be something good. You're doing this thing thinking it's just going to be child's play, and It's... It's going to be really bad, guys."

Cameron grabbed me and sat me down with him. "Just chill, Ace. This is just for fun."

I tried to get up and leave, and ended up just escaping the circle... only to be knocked out. When I came to, I was lying disheveled in the middle of the circle, my head aching. It was dark and everyone had gone. I reached up to feel my crystals, and there was a chip in one of them. Too small to probably be noticeable, but I was sure that was why my head ached.

Lying in front of me was one of the students, and he didn't look good, but there was no way I'd be able to pick him up. Whatever happened would just have to happen, until I could get the deans over to check it out.

I finally got the strength to get up, and I went back through the woods, going straight to the Dean's office. That Shade was out there. I knew it. I could feel it. And the whole school was about to be in big trouble if it went unchecked... It occurred to me then that I should have just gone to the Deans in the first place. I'd made a mistake. I tried to calm myself down with "everyone makes mistakes," but that didn't help because this was something big.
Beech
Beech

Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:39 am
Sorry I didn't reply Vana, it's been a rough week! Glad you got it in though and I hope your eye is feeling better!
Beech
Beech

Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:44 am
Judging time!!
Vanadis
Vanadis

Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:37 pm
My friend who has alopecia and therefore has no eyelashes and therefore gets ALL THE ALLERGENS in her eye, suggested to me a special eyedrop and I'm about to get Jay to go find it at Walmart for me. It has a mild steroid to stop the swelling and so yay

Sorry you've had a rough week *snugs* I have too with being sick and my eye @_@
Beech
Beech

Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:33 pm
I'm sorry about your eye! It is absolutely no fun when your eyes are wigging out!
Beech
Beech

Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:42 am
Everything is posted my wonderfuls! You are all so awesome I love you!! Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th - Page 3 3616433288 Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th - Page 3 3616433288
aa13ls10
aa13ls10

Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:07 pm
Thanks for the scores. Looking forward to the next assignment.
BookBluff
BookBluff
Tokens : 4247

Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:50 pm
Thanks for the scores, checking in <3
Vanadis
Vanadis

Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:53 pm
Checking in!  

Yeah, Ace is VERY sarcastic.  That's just his nature.  He doesn't trust easily and pretty much everything that comes out of his mouth is sarcasm.  

It's his personality.

But yeah you could say it's a bit satirical.
Beech
Beech

Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:20 pm
No worries V, just wanted clarification Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th - Page 3 3616433288
Vanadis
Vanadis

Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:42 pm
Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th - Page 3 369142835 Well I'm glad you asked instead of assuming! Thanks!

I use Ace in RL RPs and he's the most sarcastic little shi.t ever. And don't ever make fun of his stuffed animals or he'll beat you down lol

His new roomie at the institute made fun of his plushies. Ace hasn't done anything yet, but when it happens the verbal beating will probably be hilarious

Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th - Page 3 3616433288
Beech
Beech

Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:09 pm
lol I'd love to see the dialogue for that!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum