SimsUnbound
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user
Latest topics
New* Before & After EditingSat Apr 11, 2015 3:56 am435q
BARBIETOPIA, THE PRINCESS EDITION♛ MOCK DUE TOMORROW ☺Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:38 amBobSkellington
Face Off Cycle 4 - WINNER ANNOUNCED!!Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:19 amNinisims
Vana's Custom ContentSun Feb 22, 2015 6:17 pmVanadis
Pixelated Cycle One Sign Ups OpenThu Jan 22, 2015 3:43 pmbestfrienemies14
Statistics
We have 5583 registered usersThe newest registered user is worknmamaOur users have posted a total of 118969 messagesin 1676 subjects

Go down
SmileyNat
Tokens : 5338

Assignment 2 Dark Shadowz extended mini story- By Nat Empty Assignment 2 Dark Shadowz extended mini story- By Nat

Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:26 am

Well, I kind of went overboard with my mini story for Dark Shadowz...... again. When I'm writing I guess I must just get carried away with the characters and plotline- a lot of the time I find it hard to stop! So I cut down what I originally wrote for my formal entry, and I'm posting an extended version here! Assignment 2 Dark Shadowz extended mini story- By Nat 650269930

Click, click, click went my boots on the hard, cold cobblestone. It was the dead of night, and the Earth was eerily quiet. I could hear my heavy breathing as I slowly made my way up the long and winding path towards the graveyard.

As I walked, I reached into my long black dress and withdrew my mother’s locket. Holding it to my cheek, I felt warmth radiating from the hard and intricately carved metal. I could also feel a faint, yet steady heartbeat inside the small chamber. The beats were fast, as if trying to escape the small prison of a trinket. I sighed in comfort because now I knew that my sister, my twin, was waiting for me beyond the heavy steel gates and neat rows of tombstones.

As a cool breeze swept through the trees, my mind was cast back to the fateful night in which everything was taken from me. I could remember the events as if they had occurred yesterday.
I had been reading books of the magic of old as my family slept upstairs. My parents had never approved of my interest in witchcraft, yet I kept studying nonetheless. I had been reading a chapter on the capture and containment of human souls when I heard a shrill scream from upstairs.

Immediately, I dropped the heavy, antique book, and ran towards the source of the noise.
I found my sister standing at the doorway of my parents’ bedroom, obviously in shock. I looked into the room and felt instantly sick. Father was still lying in the bed, the once white sheets now crimson with his blood. Mother was on the floor a short distance away, her throat slit and leaking more scarlet liquid. In the middle of the room, a man was brandishing a stained and wet knife, his eyes filled with adrenaline and rage. I looked to my sister, and a silent agreement passed between us. At once, we ran toward our parents’ killer in a frenzied rage. Punches were thrown, screams were screamed and pain was experienced by all. Suddenly, my twin fell to the ground, the knife protruding from her back. I screamed in anger and attacked the man with renewed vigour, eventually managing to push him out of the open window through which he had entered the room.

I turned to my sister’s corpse and saw a glowing, blue tear slowly forming in her vacant eyes. I
remembered the old book, and frantically looked around the room for something to catch the tear. My eyes fell on my mother’s locket, still lying around her cold neck. I ripped the trinket from her body in desperation, and ran towards my sister. Kneeling down over her body, I let the glowing tear drop into the locket. I closed the compartment and recited the spell needed to stop her soul leaving the world for good.

I looked at the locket in wonder, a blue light momentarily shining through the cracks in the metal. It was then that I felt the faint heartbeat for the first time. Suddenly, I turned around and saw my sister standing behind me, looking over her corpse in horror. It had taken time to convince my twin that even though her body was dead, her soul was still attached to this Earth- in a form that only the bearer of the locket could see.

I was suddenly pulled from my thoughts as I realised that I had reached the entrance to the Cemetery. I stepped through the gates and ran towards my Family’s gravesite with a mix of joy and sorrow. As I weaved through the graves, I caught a glimpse of a figure sitting on my sister’s grave.

“Camille!” yelled the girl as she stood up and approached me.
“Oh Viola, you don’t know how much I’ve missed you.” I whispered as I hugged her tight.

Already, I could feel tears forming in my eyes. Together we sat near her grave, and talked about times that had passed long ago. We reminisced on treasured moments with Mother and Father, and discussed many an event from our childhood. Suddenly, Viola turned to me and started to speak.
“Camille, there is something I must ask of you. Each day and night I dwell in the Graveyard, you know I cannot leave. I hunger for variety, for emotion, and for life. My wound pains me always, as if it was fresh, and I cannot bear to live this half life any longer.”
“What are you saying Viola?”
“I think I want to move on.... to the afterdeath.” She pleaded, desire and desperation displaying across her pale face.

I was shocked at her plea. As much as I acknowledged her pain and sorrow, I didn’t know if I could bring myself to let her leave me. I didn’t want to be alone. Even though she was technically dead, Viola gave me support, purpose and joy- like a beacon lighting up the black abyss of my life. Without her as my beacon, I’d be left wandering, lost in the dark.
Eventually I came to a descision.

“Very well” I said reluctantly, trying to hide the tears in my eyes. Viola reached forwards and hugged me tighter than ever before. She then stood as I shuffled back, unsure of what was going to happen.
Tenderly, I reached for the locket and cradled it in my palms. This was the last time I would ever feel Viola’s heartbeat.....

Slowly, I prised open the locket, and suddenly a blinding blue light emerged. The light illuminated the once dark graveyard and made its way into Viola’s chest. At once her eyes were replaced by blue light, and her body started glowing with a radiance even I cannot describe. My face contorted into a look of fear and surprise. Slowly, her human form disappeared, leaving behind pure spirit.

“Thankyou” Was the last I heard of Viola before she was pulled into the place where she belonged.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum