SimsUnbound
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user
Latest topics
New* Before & After EditingSat Apr 11, 2015 3:56 am435q
BARBIETOPIA, THE PRINCESS EDITION♛ MOCK DUE TOMORROW ☺Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:38 amBobSkellington
Face Off Cycle 4 - WINNER ANNOUNCED!!Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:19 amNinisims
Vana's Custom ContentSun Feb 22, 2015 6:17 pmVanadis
Pixelated Cycle One Sign Ups OpenThu Jan 22, 2015 3:43 pmbestfrienemies14
Statistics
We have 5583 registered usersThe newest registered user is worknmamaOur users have posted a total of 118969 messagesin 1676 subjects

Go down
Lehdkat
Lehdkat
Tokens : 4754

Cutting out sims in Gimp for beginners  Empty Cutting out sims in Gimp for beginners

Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:57 pm
Ollo everyone, I thought I'd share my way for cutting out sims in Gimp because there are a lot of different ways to cut sims out, but I'm pretty sure this way is the fastest and easiest.
First, open up your screenshot, which must be on a green background (any bright colour works, provided that the colour doesn't appear on your sim)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Now, go to the "Layer" drop down menu and select "Transparency" then "Add alpha channel"
Now there is a transparent channel behind our picture, and we have to get rid of the green. Select the "Select by Colour" tool from your tool box,
Now select the green background and a dashed line should appear around the sim.
Hit delete on your keyboard, and most of the green should dissapear.
There will be a green outline around your sim, but this can be easily gotten rid of by zooming in and using the "Select by Colour" tool and deleting the various shades of green that make up the line. Hair tends to be a big issue with this method, but by blurring and erasing you can eliminate the green
I hope you've found this tutorial helpful and easy to understand =)
Bliss
Bliss
Creator
Creator
Tokens : 14692
https://unboundart.forumotion.com

Cutting out sims in Gimp for beginners  Empty Re: Cutting out sims in Gimp for beginners

Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:40 pm
Awesome, ty for sharing this for the begineers Cutting out sims in Gimp for beginners  650269930
Cute Peach
Tokens : 4921

Cutting out sims in Gimp for beginners  Empty Re: Cutting out sims in Gimp for beginners

Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:02 am
thanks this really helped
gemmabubbles
gemmabubbles
Tokens : 4788

Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:46 pm
Thanks so much!!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum