SimsUnbound
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user
Latest topics
New* Before & After EditingSat Apr 11, 2015 3:56 am435q
BARBIETOPIA, THE PRINCESS EDITION♛ MOCK DUE TOMORROW ☺Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:38 amBobSkellington
Face Off Cycle 4 - WINNER ANNOUNCED!!Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:19 amNinisims
Vana's Custom ContentSun Feb 22, 2015 6:17 pmVanadis
Pixelated Cycle One Sign Ups OpenThu Jan 22, 2015 3:43 pmbestfrienemies14
Statistics
We have 5583 registered usersThe newest registered user is worknmamaOur users have posted a total of 118969 messagesin 1676 subjects

Go down
Beech
Beech
Tokens : 19966

Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th Empty Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:50 pm
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well, let's try to see if we can get some interest for something a little less fashion-y and more story-based! This is one of my favorite competitions and one that has had huge success in the past.

BE WARNED: This is a non-elimination competition!

While story-based could scare some of you into thinking you're just not that creative or scare some of you away thinking it's too time-consuming, I want to be the first to tell you - STOP IT!

This is not a super intense competition and actually is quite simple to do and hasn't made previous competitors feel overwhelmed in the past! It's fun, it requires creativity, and I know you'll love it!

So...what the heck is this? Well, it's quite simply a story competition that will chronicle your model's trip through his/her senior year of high school at the prestigious Senior High! This school moves around a lot, but is always accepting of the most unique students.

We've been in Sunset Valley, we even have a campus in space! Well, this year, Senior High's newest campus opens up: The Underworld Campus

This campus is for those who are less likely to strive for the limelight. The students at this campus are unique in a darker way. We require our students to be full of secrets, mystery, and even some special, perhaps creepy talents!

Both YA male and female models accepted!

No negativity of any kind is allowed - this includes belittling yourself
Editing is allowed and highly recommended
NO face-plastering or photo-skinning
You are allowed to draw your own clothing or objects
Only 2 extensions per person per cycle - yes I will be keeping track
Only 2 days MAX extensions are allowed - you must ask for one at
least 24 hours in advanced
Assignments last 7 days
Deadlines are set at Pacific Standard Times - adjust accordingly
Please don't drop - if you are too busy or think you will drop, DON'T SIGN UP!
Writing creative mini-stories is required for this competition
Have fun and be creative

NEEDS TO CHECK IN

CHECKED IN

ASSIGNMENT SUBMITTED

Extensions Granted
Vana |
SoCal |
Vid |
Nini |
Cyan |

Thread @ Officials

Last edited by Beech on Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:36 pm; edited 62 times in total
Beech
Beech

Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th Empty Re: Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:51 pm

ASSIGNMENT 4: FAVORITE CLASS

I'm glad to see that some of you are....uhh, fitting in? I'll pretend I didn't see some of those stories and others will haunt me for the rest of my life, but hey, you're part of the Underworld class right? I should expect such interesting details!

Anywho, now it's time to get to know a bit about how you're fitting into the school. I haven't checked in with you much about academics and I thought that after 4 weeks of school, I'd try to get some information on how you're doing with classes.

Tell me about one of your favorite classes so far. What class is it, who teaches it, why is it your favorite? Has something exciting happened in it? Just give me details!

Required Tasks:
1. Create a photo showing us your favorite class.
2. Tells about the event in a short creative mini-story.
3. Be sure to include a special creepy fact that sets you apart.
4. No borders are necessary on your image.

EXAMPLE
DEADLINE: APRIL 6TH @ 9PM PST

Each round will have an extra credit bonus. Each contestant will be entered into a random generator and the selected contestant will earn the random bit of extra credit.

Extra credit bonuses will include the following:
-1 bonus point-
-2 bonus points-
-3 bonus points-
-4 bonus points-
-5 bonus points-
-Automatic Full Marks from Beech-
-Automatic Full Marks from Both Judges-

RANDOMLY SELECTED CONTESTANT:

You've been selected to receive the random extra credit bonus: 3 bonus points

How will you earn the grades? Well, take a look at our Dean's rubric below to see how to impress us and how grading will work!

Scoring Rubric
Creep Factor: /5
Story Creativity: /10
Story Cohesion: /10
Image/Story Cohesion: /10
Overall Image Appeal: /10
Dean's Personal Taste: /5
Total: /50

What does all that mean?
Creep Factor: When you signed up, you chose something creepy, dark, mysterious, dangerous, etc. about your model. Show that in your image and you'll get points!
Story Creativity: Did you put real thought into your mini-story or does it simply fall flat?
Story Cohesion: Each new assignment is meant to build from the previous one. Does your story follow the line you set up in the previous assignment or is it totally random?
Image/Story Cohesion: Does what you wrote about show up in your image or are they two separate entities?
Overall Image Appeal: Does your image look striking, intriguing, or wowing or is it really rather dull, uncreative and boring? Quality also factors into this category.
Dean's Personal Taste: Each Dean has a unique taste for what you submit. You want to impress each one? It might be difficult to do.

You will be given a letter grade based off of your final score. Extra credit points can boost you from a lower grade to a higher grade. The letter grades will be what determines your running totals. See the scale and score breakdown below for more info.

Grading Scale:

90-100: A
80-89: B
70-79: C
60-69: D
59 and Below: F

Letter Grade Scores:
Receiving a letter grade of A will result in 10 points being applied to the running totals.
Receiving a letter grade of B will result in 8 points being applied to the running totals.
Receiving a letter grade of C will result in 7 points being applied to the running totals.
Receiving a letter grade of D will result in 6 points being applied to the running totals.
Receiving a letter grade of F will result in 5 points being applied to the running totals.

Running Totals
Your letter grades will be kept as the running totals, which will determine the winner of the competition. These running totals will be kept separate and out of sight until the finale reveal.

*Judges, please click on the images and judge their original formats. Forums tend to degrade quality.

ALL ASSIGNMENTS CAN BE READ HERE

aa13ls10 & Trista Knight
Uncontrollable Magic Ability
Extra Credit: 3 Bonus Points

Vana & Ace Yamada
Precognition

Vid & Luna Wildling
Werewolf

Poida & Aaralyn Ts'Gheldiin ar Draconis
Is affected by the new moon

Bookie & Rhiannon
Power Mimicry

Chan & Lavender Bennett
Human Voodoo Doll

Socal & Mary Enstein
Frankenstein's Monster

Cyan & Marwolaeth Ó Cnáimhín
Half Banshee

Dana & Anastasie Bissette
Immortal

Nini & Vix Donovan
Soul Shifter

Last edited by Beech on Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:35 pm; edited 41 times in total
Beech
Beech

Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th Empty Re: Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:51 pm

FIRST, SOME WORDS FROM YOUR DEAN:

So I decided to wait up late for you guys since I put scores off long enough! I hope you're happy Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th 369142835 Because of being so tired, though, my comments might be short. I'm sorry in advance.

You all scored very well, when looking at ranks, make sure you look at your score. High scores that are very close are awesome!

You all did really well. Nice photos and I loved the stories. You are all improving with every single round. Keep it up!

Judges are human, we make mistakes. If you see a calculation error, let me know in a respectful way. If you have a question about your comments or placement, please ask respectfully! We're more than happy to explain!

This is a NON-ELIMINATION competition. You will see your scores, but I will keep the running totals separate and will only reveal them at the finale!

===========================================================================

1ST PLACE -TIE
Chan
100 points - A+

Creep Factor: 5/5
Story Creativity: 10/10
Story Cohesion: 10/10
Image/Story Cohesion: 10/10
Overall Image Appeal: 10/10
Dean's Personal Taste: 5/5
Total: 50/50

Wow Chan, this is so perfectly sad. I adore your writing style and the fact that I can feel Lavender’s emotions through your writing. You did such a wonderful job creating a touching and sad story with an equally stunning image. Her poking herself with needles surely seems like what many people do with cutting themselves to release the pain. It’s sad and I love the way you incorporated it tactfully and very subtly. Nicely done.

Aww, I really feel for Lavender here. She seems so sad, and broken. I love that she has befriended these three little mice, and what a creative approach to ‘friends’ it was! Your story is sweet, and very detailed. I like your style of writing, and how descriptive you are. Your photo also tells quite the story, Very detailed as well! Love the background, and love Lavender! Her hair looks amazing, but the quality is a little low with the mice. I adore this entry!!

Vid
99 + 1 = 100 points - A+

Story Creativity: 9/10
Total: 49/50

This was cute. I liked that there was a lot going on and I liked seeing how Luna was going about figuring it out. She seems to be adapting to werewolf life quite well. I have to say I was a little confused with the story. I thought it was going to go in a completely different direction than it did…why was Tabitha so mean to Luna all of a sudden and why did Keith say Tabitha was bad news? Those things weren’t really answered…unless Tabitha was being mean because she didn’t want Luna to go to her party…I suppose.

I love it Vid!! I love the perspective you’ve given Luna, she seems so sweet and timid, which is totally unlike what you’d expect a werewolf to be. I was bummed when reading to find out Tabs had been distant, and happy to find out she was ok, just busy. I really love the story you’ve got going here and I can’t wait to hear more! Your picture was perfect too, really detailed set, and you have all the characters you’ve mentioned in your story! I love!!

2ND PLACE
Dana
98 points - A

Creep Factor: 4/5
Total: 48/50

This is quite intriguing! I must know why Anastasie’s dad kept these three locked up and so adamantly said Ana couldn’t go inside! I must know! This is a great way to show some kind of emotion in Anastasie. She may not realize it, but she’s feeling joy and hope – two very strong emotions that she thought she could never feel. Great work Dana!

Wow, I didn’t expect that, what a turn of events, knowing that her father had been working on more dolls! Anastasie might have finally felt something too, wonderful for her, but how terrible to find these three, locked up in a room. Why is father hiding them from her? I MUST KNOW!! Great photo! I love the detail in your set, and with your ‘friends’. I adore this shot!

3RD PLACE
Poida
97 points - A

Overall Image Appeal: 9/10
Total: 49/50

Hahaha….I love this. I have nothing more to say on the matter.

Dean's Personal Taste: 4/5
Total: 48/50

Your story was long, and yet I found myself craving more!! I can’t wait to find out what happens next!! You have a great sense of humor and it really comes out in your writing. I love how easily you’ve connected all the assignment stories with the next. Your photo really tells this part of the story as well, I love how you’ve gotten everyone sized! I think you’ve done a marvelous job this round!

4TH PLACE
Cyan
92 points - A-

Story Cohesion: 9/10
Total: 46/50

This was great. I loved your ideas with the girl in the mirror and the vampire who’s countdown is confused. I think you did a great job showing some oddballs coming together. I hope maybe the new vamp guy will be able to see Stevie sometime…would be nice if she could have some contact again. Nicely done this round!

Story Cohesion: 8/10

Wow, I didn’t expect “Mary” to come across a friend, let alone two, so quickly! Great for her! I really like the girl in the mirror, that was very creative!! And was a twist to befriend a cute vamp! Very excited to her more about her friendship with both! I love how your pictures always turn out, very dark and mysterious, but I love it! And I adore Marwolaeth! She is so beautiful!

5TH PLACE
Socal
91 points - A-

Story Creativity: 8/10
Total: 45/50

This was super cool. I adore the classmates added into the story (only it’s Lavender, not Violet) and I love that you dropped the magazine’s name! You are really doing well with the development of Mary – she’s changing slowly and with each assignment! I also adore Serendipity’s heritage – half phoenix? That’s awesome.

Story Creativity: 8/10

Yea! Mary is coming out of her shell! How fantastic that she has found a friend! I really hope her new friend Serendipity can clarify some of her questions about their nightmares! I like your picture too, I think your set was nicely decorated, really looks like a teen girls’ room! And I LOVE your mention of the other classmates and even the name drop of Sensation Magazine!!

6TH PLACE
Vana
90 points - A-

Image/Story Cohesion: 8/10
Overall Image Appeal: 8/10

Oooh, I had a feeling Maxine would be the shade…I mean you didn’t tell us she was yet, but she is…I just know it! I thought you did a great job leading us up to a cliffhanger and tying us to your previous entry. And she’s right…Ace sure loves purple!

Nice! I love your story! Very creative! I actually like how random your thoughts come out, yet they all coincide together. And I love the introduction of Maxine, this will be a very interesting character! I can’t wait until we get to find out what exactly Maxine is. As for your photo, it was a little plain in comparison to your other photos, but you did show your story with it.

7TH PLACE
Bookie
85 points - B

Overall Image Appeal: 6/10
Dean's Personal Taste: 3/5
Total: 42/50

This was great. I really enjoyed the way you wrote. You wrote as if you really were thinking every thought – and like every person who thinks, your mind wandered into silly things and memories of facial expressions and giddiness. Nicely done. I was a fan of your revenge plot as well. Your image wasn’t that wonderful, but your story knocked it out of the ball park!

Overall Image Appeal: 6/10
Total: 43/50

I like revenge. Great story. I love how you’ve talked your friend into some serious outfit choices all in the name of revenge! I feel like you put your story together wonderfully, but your picture could have been better. You have everything you need in the photo, but I feel like you could have been more creative in how you put it together. Maybe a different location, better angle, something to really WOW us. Overall a great entry though!

8TH PLACE
Nini
82 points - B-

Story Creativity: 7/10
Image/Story Cohesion: 9/10
Total: 42/50

I really like your picture and I love the barn setting. Your cat is also way cool, but I have to say…I was hoping the cat was maybe a shapeshifter and there was a human about to pop out and say “STOP TRYING TO TAKE MY CAT SOUL!!” lol The girl was a fine addition, but I felt your story ended too abruptly. Who was this girl? Why was she at a school for weirdos if she’s human? What were her abilities? Her name? I hope we get to see more of her!

Total: 40/50

Well I like that you befriended the cat. Very creatively colored feline as well! I always love your pictures. Your set is great, I love all the detail. I wish I knew more about your new friend, her name, her powers, what she was doing there, anything. I felt your story kind of ended short without telling much about her. Really good entry though!

9TH PLACE
Aa13ls10
78 points - C+

Total: 41/50

I have to say when I first saw your picture I thought that you had accidentally killed Trista’s new friend…I was kind of hoping that were the case just because it’d be unique. Instead we have a sleeping Adette! Not a bad little bit of fun, but I wish something more had happened. I do feel sorry for Trista – the poor girl can’t catch a break!

Story Creativity: 6/10
Story Cohesion: 7/10
Overall Image Appeal: 7/10
Total: 37/50

I liked your story, but it was a little lack-luster for me. I felt like it could have had more ‘wow’ to it. Your photo was good too, you showed your story with it, but again, was lacking that WOW factor. Overall though, a good entry.

Last edited by Beech on Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:46 am; edited 5 times in total
Vanadis
Vanadis
Tokens : 9282

Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:04 am
Yes, need more Lemon Pledge. No... I no buy. You buy. You buy Lemon Pledge.

((YES RESERVE ME OMG *DIES* RESERVE ME OR i'LL DIE AGAIN.))

*explodes out of her Walking Dead hoodie and gets cold and goes to hide in it again*
Beech
Beech

Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:51 pm
lol sounds good!
Vanadis
Vanadis

Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:32 pm
Just to clarify for the first assignment is the school photo a separate photo? Or should we collage it?
Beech
Beech

Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:15 pm
Separate my dear Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th 650269930
Vanadis
Vanadis

Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:29 pm
kk Thankees!
aa13ls10
aa13ls10
Tokens : 5206

Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:11 am
Can you reserve me please. I haven't gone into my game for ages and I need and I haven't done anything like this so I think it would be an interesting one for me to attempt.
Beech
Beech

Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:46 pm
Yes, of course aa13ls10!
Beech
Beech

Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:46 pm
I forgot this part for your model app:

you need to pick a creep-factor. I'll add that right now. So something that is a little odd, creepy, dangerous, mysterious, etc. about your model.
aa13ls10
aa13ls10

Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:23 am
Username: aa13ls10
Model Name: Trista Knight
Creep Factor: Loves to experiment with her magic but she hasn't quite got to grips with it yet causing sometimes irreversible and catastrophic damage.  
Headshot:

Bodyshot:
aa13ls10
aa13ls10

Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:25 am
I have a question about task 5 (5. For this assignment only, include a school photo (as if you took one on the first day of school)).
Is this a separate picture that we need to submit? Thanks Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th 650269930
Beech
Beech

Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:10 pm
Yes it is separate, thanks for asking I'll clarify that so others know Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th 650269930
Vanadis
Vanadis

Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:58 pm
Username: Vana
Model Name: Ace Yamada
Creep Factor: Precognition: he can sense that something's going to happen before it does, usually disasters.
Headshot:
Bodyshot:
Beech
Beech

Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:06 pm
Awesome V Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th 650269930
Ninisims
Ninisims
Tokens : 7522

Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:29 pm
He looks cool, Vana! i love the creep factor Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th 650269930
aa13ls10
aa13ls10

Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:04 am
Assignment 1

Trista never really saw much of her parents. They sent her and her twin sister to boarding school where they would be taught how to handle their magic. Trista had more powerful magic than her sister Madeline and would often use it to overcome her so she would do as she wanted. For this reason there is much hostility between Trista and Madeline so they do not enjoy spending much time together.

As they have both been at home for the summer they have been forced to spend time together. Their parents never let them out with other children since they know how volatile their magic can be. Trista once turned one of their cleaners into a snake and couldn't fix it.

Since Trista knows they will have to be together she is practicing the magic from a new book that she was given by a school friend. Madeline knows this will involve testing on her so is reluctant to join in, especially since she knows how unpredictable her sister's magic can be.  
aa13ls10
aa13ls10

Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:27 am
Assignment 1 part 2

Last edited by aa13ls10 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Beech
Beech

Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:31 pm
No story needed for the school photo Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th 650269930

And no font if possible.
BookBluff
BookBluff
Tokens : 4224

Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:48 am
Hai, I would love to reserve a spot purrlease and thanklies :3
Beech
Beech

Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:42 pm
Will def do Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th 650269930
Vanadis
Vanadis

Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:57 am

This is my family: my mother, my father, and me. We've also got a cat, Pookie, but she's always out wandering the gardens at the palace. Likes chasing the sprites, you know. Which is a good thing because they eat holes in the flowers.

Where was I? Sorry, I'm a bit scatterbrained. A lot goes on in my head, both purposeful and useless. And sometimes, just plain stinkin' annoying. Like the whole future thing but I'll get into that later.

Anyway, my family. My mother, Midori, is a nymph. Earth nymph, to be exact. Everywhere she walks, the most beautiful flowers bloom at her feet.

My father is Halueve. He's part elf, part human. We get our surname from his human father. Anyway. He's immortal like my mom... and like me. Sometimes he looks very tired, as in the picture. After all he's been around for quite a long time, so he might be getting bored with immortality. I don't think he'd ever give it up, though. He always loves telling me stories about the battles he's fought, and his dad was a samurai or something, I believe. So that's pretty cool.

My mother can't be away from nature too long. That's why we didn't settle in a city or suburb or anything. We live out in the forest in a small palace with a lot of really neat-o secret passageways. There's a cave system not far and an underground lake where I like to go to collect my thoughts in the dark. Darkness is... well, it quiets the premonitions for a bit.

Anyway about my mother, she has to be near a forest. Or she'll grow very weak and lose not only her powers, but the ability to function, for the most part, you know, do anything but sleep, until she returns to the forest. That actually happened when there was a forest fire when I was about nine. It destroyed a lot of the trees around us, and the only thing we could do was let it burn out. She was bedridden for months. It was awful. Fortunately I don't think the same thing happens to me. I mean I was fine, but the thing was, that was about when my whole precognition thing started. I knew the fire would happen and my parents didn't believe me. They chalked it up to me being imaginative.

They sure as heck believe me now! I'm learning to do divination, and I had a tutor, but I apparently freaked him out too much. He just said there was nothing left to teach me, and he quit. Everyone's afraid of me ever since the predicting the fire thing, and it sucks. I don't know why they are because I could have helped them. They think the crystals attached to my head have something to do with the power... I'm not really sure though. They've just always been there.

Ninisims
Ninisims
Tokens : 7522

Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:14 am
Vana, I love it!

EDIT: I am soooo observant :| aa13ls10....I love yours too! Twins! Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th 650269930
Beech
Beech

Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:21 am
GRRREAT!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum