SimsUnbound
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user
Latest topics
New* Before & After EditingSat Apr 11, 2015 3:56 am435q
BARBIETOPIA, THE PRINCESS EDITION♛ MOCK DUE TOMORROW ☺Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:38 amBobSkellington
Face Off Cycle 4 - WINNER ANNOUNCED!!Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:19 amNinisims
Vana's Custom ContentSun Feb 22, 2015 6:17 pmVanadis
Pixelated Cycle One Sign Ups OpenThu Jan 22, 2015 3:43 pmbestfrienemies14
Statistics
We have 5583 registered usersThe newest registered user is worknmamaOur users have posted a total of 118969 messagesin 1676 subjects

Go down
Beech
Beech
Tokens : 19966

Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th - Page 4 Empty Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:50 pm
First topic message reminder :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well, let's try to see if we can get some interest for something a little less fashion-y and more story-based! This is one of my favorite competitions and one that has had huge success in the past.

BE WARNED: This is a non-elimination competition!

While story-based could scare some of you into thinking you're just not that creative or scare some of you away thinking it's too time-consuming, I want to be the first to tell you - STOP IT!

This is not a super intense competition and actually is quite simple to do and hasn't made previous competitors feel overwhelmed in the past! It's fun, it requires creativity, and I know you'll love it!

So...what the heck is this? Well, it's quite simply a story competition that will chronicle your model's trip through his/her senior year of high school at the prestigious Senior High! This school moves around a lot, but is always accepting of the most unique students.

We've been in Sunset Valley, we even have a campus in space! Well, this year, Senior High's newest campus opens up: The Underworld Campus

This campus is for those who are less likely to strive for the limelight. The students at this campus are unique in a darker way. We require our students to be full of secrets, mystery, and even some special, perhaps creepy talents!

Both YA male and female models accepted!

No negativity of any kind is allowed - this includes belittling yourself
Editing is allowed and highly recommended
NO face-plastering or photo-skinning
You are allowed to draw your own clothing or objects
Only 2 extensions per person per cycle - yes I will be keeping track
Only 2 days MAX extensions are allowed - you must ask for one at
least 24 hours in advanced
Assignments last 7 days
Deadlines are set at Pacific Standard Times - adjust accordingly
Please don't drop - if you are too busy or think you will drop, DON'T SIGN UP!
Writing creative mini-stories is required for this competition
Have fun and be creative

NEEDS TO CHECK IN

CHECKED IN

ASSIGNMENT SUBMITTED

Extensions Granted
Vana |
SoCal |
Vid |
Nini |
Cyan |

Thread @ Officials

Last edited by Beech on Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:36 pm; edited 62 times in total

Vanadis
Vanadis
Tokens : 9282

Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th - Page 4 Empty Re: Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th

Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:22 pm
I'm having trouble with this. I'm like "Ace who are your friends?"

He said "I have three best friends. Me, Myself, and I."

Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th - Page 4 3616433288
Beech
Beech

Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th - Page 4 Empty Re: Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th

Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:54 pm
lol that's great
Vanadis
Vanadis

Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:20 am
I had to re-check the due date cause I have to overhaul my model save.

It was FINE when I only had a few characters on it, even though I'd accidentally turned on Nraas's story progression mod.  But they were all kinda just like... eh... okay

But over the past month or so that world has turned into Jerry Springer.  It's kinda funny but mostly annoying.

Well first Cameron (Ace's boyfriend, usually) left Ace for Lux, so Ace's dad tried to flirt with Ace constantly (because I didn't make them related... oops)  And Ace's mom kept getting jealous because I DID set Ace's parents as married... now she hates Ace and beats him up every day...

And then Alice married Mr. T

And Mr. T is sleeping with Marlene on the side...

And they keep moving houses.

It's a mess.  I'll have to fix it tonight or tomorrow.
Beech
Beech

Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:05 am
lol that's too funny. I've never really thought about what would happen if I left progression on!
Beech
Beech

Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:09 am
Hey V, wanna judge TNMS?
Vanadis
Vanadis

Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:52 pm
Sure!
Beech
Beech

Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:25 pm
Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th - Page 4 3616433288
Ninisims
Ninisims
Tokens : 7522

Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:42 pm
Checking in...thanks for scores!

Congrats, Vid, that was a gorgeous photo Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th - Page 4 650269930
Beech
Beech

Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:53 pm
Only 3 days left Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th - Page 4 650269930
Vanadis
Vanadis

Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:42 pm
I has to make Bookie's poses and figure out who the Diablo Ace's friends are XD

We are having floods at the moment so I'm stuck inside... wheee.
aa13ls10
aa13ls10
Tokens : 5206

Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:23 pm
Assignment 3

Trista had only really clicked with one other student. Sure other people were friendly to her and likewise she to them, but there was really only one person who she could spend time with.

This person was Adette. Adette was also the daughter of two sorcerers yet she had inherited more reliable magic. Their shared power of magic was what brought them together. The school had been hosting extra-circular magic classes and Trista really needed them.

Adette was helping run the sessions and she noticed how much help Trista needed. In all the extra time Adette was having to spend helping Trista, they would often strike up conversation. It turns out that they like many of the same things. They were made for each other.

Saturday morning and Trista knew she had nothing to do. Picking up her phone she messaged everyone in her class hoping for a response. Adette came through.

Trista - Is anyone free today??
Adette - Yea I am. Want 2 meet up?
Trista - YES!!! Thanks. You are a savior. Hey I found a new spell I want to try out. How about you come over to mine?
Adette - Sure. This will be interesting ;)

At two o'clock Adette arrived. Trista ushered her into her living room, eager to show her the new magic she had learnt.

'It's and invisibility spell. I can't do it on myself, that doesn't work. I have to do it on you.' Trista said as the hurried excitedly round the room attempting to find the spell book.

Adette looked un-easy.

'You sure you've got this? Remember the rats?'

'Yea I have. I wouldn't want to test it out if it didn't.'

Adette knew how much she would hurt Trista if she didn't let her try.

'Well what do I have to loose? Let's do this.'

'Sit on the floor' Trista instructed as she pointed to a spot. 'Okay,' she closed her eyes.

'Misce omnia.

Misce ut fiat pulvis subtilissimus.

Liqua leni calore ut fiat buginarium umum'

As she opened them it hadn't worked. Adette had rolled over on the floor asleep and was snoring. What had Trista done wrong?

As she looked back at her spell book she realised she had been on the wrong page. She had cast the deep sleep spell.

Great. What a fun afternoon this had turned out to be. She was still alone with nothing to do. Well apart from waiting for Adette to wake up.
Beech
Beech

Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:23 pm
Looks great aa13ls10!!
Vanadis
Vanadis

Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:49 pm
Here's mine!

The third week in, I still SUCKED at school. But I had the Shade to worry about. And I was worried about it, which made me bad at school, which made me worry about school, which made me worse at school...

Finally one of the Deans gave me a tutor, someone in my grade who was in advanced classes and knew what she was talking about. Her name was Maxine. She had actually just transferred the week before. It was odd how she'd transferred in the Monday after Halloween, I thought, but I couldn't put a finger on why, exactly. Everyone was filling her in on the Shade, but she didn't seem worried. And after I while, everyone else stopped worrying, because it didn't show up.

My father said there were people that went undercover to fight them, and judging by how sometimes she came to the few advanced classes I was in, with bags or rings under her eyes, I thought that's what she was. So I kept it quiet. I let her do her work, I guessed.

But when she tutored me in Math the first day, I found I couldn't get a read on her, or anything, when she was near. My head cleared and I was able to concentrate. Say that every day when you walked out your front door, you were chased all day by a pack of angry, rabid weasels. And then suddenly one day, you walked out your front door looking for the weasels, and they just weren't there. That was how it was around Maxine.

We started hanging out more; I'd go and find her because I wanted the visions to stop. There were never any visions about her. Even when I wasn't around her, I could never get a read on her. I knew my mother would tell me that was dangerous, but then think of it this way: most people couldn't predict what other people were going to do, yet they trusted people. My curse made it so that I couldn't trust anyone. But I took a leap of faith and trusted Maxine.

One afternoon I was in my dorm lying on the bed, and Maxine knocked on the doorframe and stepped in.

"You're not supposed to be in the boys' dorms, Maxine," I said. "But while you're here, come in... I guess... To what do I owe the pleasure?"

She looked around my dorm. "Your room is really cute," she laughed. "I knew you were kind of feminine, but I didn't know you were such a fan of pastel purple. You've even got a purple lightbulb!"

"Yeah, yeah," I smirked, sitting up. "What's up?"

"I have to show you something. Here, come on. Take a selfie with me."

"Why?" I asked.

"You'll see. It's a secret though so you can't tell anyone. Take a selfie with me, Ace."

So I got up and we posed, and she snapped the picture. The flash went off; there was a click; and then the photo on the phone screen began to load.

Imagine my surprise when I saw that I was the only person in the photo on the phone's display.

Maxine didn't show up in pictures. But she wasn't a vampire, either, because we'd studied for hours in the afternoon sun on multiple occasions.

So what was she? I looked over to her and just stared for a moment.

"I'm not of this world," she said. "And if you want our friendship to go on, you have to know that. And you have to trust me."

"You're here to fight the Shade," I whispered.

"No... not quite." She looked at my cat clock on the wall. "Listen, it's getting late, and you're right, the Deans will suspend me if I get caught in here. I've got to go. But just... Ace... just trust me. Okay?"

"Okay," I said, and watched her hurry out of the room and down the hallway.
Beech
Beech

Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:44 pm
Lovely V, simply lovely Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th - Page 4 650269930
Beech
Beech

Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:50 pm
Vanadis wrote:Sure!

You want me to use your staff headshot for the judge pic for TNMS?
Vanadis
Vanadis

Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:49 pm
Yeah that'll be fine!
BookBluff
BookBluff
Tokens : 4224

Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:48 am
I'm not sure what they were most angry about, when I got the detention.
Whether it was Jane's broken arm, being out after hours, the dress code violations, or if perhaps it was the fact that I'd been hanging out after hours with a boy, inappropriately dressed, with a boy, who was also inappropriately dressed.
I mean, as great as Richard had looked in that dress, there was no denying that he was a guy. That hadn't stopped me from insisting he wear it in case anyone spotted us, though. I guess I can be pretty convincing sometimes. Though I have no idea why he ended up wearing the boots. I'd just grabbed the largest boots I could find – I was so sure I'd have been off with the size. But they fit perfectly. He almost didn't wear the stockings. Though I think the glares I gave him when he nearly took them off after all the holes he'd put in them trying to put them on convinced him.
I mostly just wanted to see if he'd do it.
I'm getting away with myself. I made him wear the dress so in case he got caught sneaking around the girls dormitories. After he was dressed, we found Jane's room, and it was time to get our revenge.
The whole plan had started while Richard was trying to help me get used to the power of telepathy – his power – which I was stuck with for a while after he'd grabbed hold of my shoulder. We hadn't started off the school year as friends, but with the proximity as he was helping me not have flying objects following me everywhere or flying off at people and getting me in more trouble, we became fast friends.
I started to get used to the telekinetic ability, though I was having problems with how much I could lift. Turns out, Richard did too. To demonstrate, he tried getting me to lift a boulder. Since I already had his power, his hand had rested on my shoulder, and... Well, I managed to do it. With ease. Until he let go of me at which point the boulder fell.
As it happens, when two telekinetics put their heads together, they can lift more. That's when I got my plan for revenge.
I couldn't lift a person on my own, but with Richard's help it would be all too easy. Since we were best friends, he was all too happy to help me bring her down a peg.
It was just supposed to be a little fun. You know, hang her over the pool until she apologised, let her drop carefully, then go our own separate ways back to bed.
We got her out to the pool, and were dangling her there, to get her to apologise for punching me, and generally being a Cheeky Lil Man. And we turned into a giggling, guffawing mess. It was hilarious. She was pleading for help, clutching at her skirt. We'd even had enough juice left over to be able to float some lanterns beside us so we could see things properly.
And that's when a teacher found us, called by Jane's screams. I lost my concentration, and she fell, hitting her arm on the edge of the pool and breaking it. That, coupled with being out after hours, with a boy and dressed in something vastly inappropriate for outside of my dorm landed me a whole heap of detentions, Richard as well.
Still... Totally worth it to see her face. And I'm not going to complain about the broken arm. It's a wonder she didn't break her hand when she punched me.
Jokes on them, though. The idiots gave us detention together, so Richard and I still get plenty of time to plot more revenge.
Beech
Beech

Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:17 pm
Great Bookie!!
Ninisims
Ninisims
Tokens : 7522

Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:05 pm
I know you already included my pic but posting here as well Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th - Page 4 650269930

After the Halloween incident, no one really wanted to hang out with me. They wanted to avoid trouble while I always seemed to be in the middle of it--or the cause of it. For the first time, I wasn't able to just laugh away my problems or turn it into a joke. I found myself spending a lot of time in the same barn where I got in trouble in the first place. It was back to being a storage area with all kinds of junk thrown in the corners and bales of hay, though I hadn't seen a horse since arriving. I considered coming back to the scene of the crime a weird kind of self punishment for alienating any potential friends I might have had. You would think I would be used to being alone by now.

After a couple weeks, I found a strange looking cat, although when I thought about it, weren't we all strange in some way? This cat didn't ask to look the way it did. I mean, it was a cat in every way except for its color. We became fast friends, though it wasn't much. I could only carry on a one way conversation. I was really starting to feel depressed and lonely, which wasn't like me at all. Maybe I should just call my parents and tell them this was all a mistake and I just wanted to come home.

No. I wasn't a quitter!

Bored of the same day after day routine, I tried my "gift" out on the cat. I had never done that with an animal and I wanted to see what it might be like and if I could make the cat do anything. No such luck. I tried again and again, hoping that maybe as I got friendlier with the cat, it might work. Nope, I was met with resistance every time. One day, after classes were over, I found myself once again out in the barn.

I was talking to the cat and trying to soul shift once again. I had decided if it didn't work this time, I was done. Suddenly, I heard a scuffle and my soul popped right back into my own body. I whirled around, slightly disoriented and unsteady on my feet.

"Who's there?" I called into the darkness.

At first there was no sound, but I became still as a statue and I heard just slight breathing. I followed the sound and there was a tiny little girl. Well, she wasn't little like young, but just small. I felt like a giant half the time though, so maybe she was normal height. Anyway, she was cowering in the dark shadows of the corner behind the hay. I think she had allergies and was trying not to breath so she wouldn't sneeze and make noise.

"You can come out, I know you are there." She didn't move. "Look, I promise I won't bite, maim or do anything else to you, just come out already!"

Timidly, she creeped out from behind the hay, head down and shoulders hunched. I wondered why she was so afraid.

Cautiously looking up at me with brightly colored eyes, "I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean t-to bother you." She was so terrified she kept stuttering.

I got her to sit down and calm down, which was not easy for me at all. I am NOT a patient person! It turned out that she was 3/4 human and she had no gifts that she knew of. Weird how being human was looked down on here and she was the outsider---not me. We ended up talking for a long time about our lives at home and our lives here. Eventually, she got up the courage to ask me about my gift and how it worked. Not one to shy away from an opportunity, I had an idea.

"Why don't I show you? Just sit there and don't freak out when my eyes glaze over and I don't move. Promise I am fine."

Her hand came up to her throat and she looked like she was about to bolt, but she did stay put and I focused and did my thing.
Beech
Beech

Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:27 pm
Okay guys, I am going to a ballet/opera with my daughter on Saturday and I won't be at home at all until Sunday evening. So, just to make it easier on all of us, I'm going to post the next assignment and make sure you have 10 days to finish it. I won't get to judging until Sunday or Monday, so I thought instead of making you wait I'll post the next assignment now.
BookBluff
BookBluff
Tokens : 4224

Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:31 am
Checking in :3
aa13ls10
aa13ls10
Tokens : 5206

Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:15 am
Checking in
Beech
Beech

Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:58 pm
Thanks you two Senior High Cycle 3: The Underworld Campus - A4 Due April 6th - Page 4 650269930
Beech
Beech

Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:04 pm
Okay, back home...trying to catch up on emails and posts. I see Maggie sent scores. Like I've said earlier, I may not get to them tonight, but I'll try my best!
Beech
Beech

Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:35 am
@Bookie & Aa13ls10: Are you both okay with me locking and archiving this thread, hosting the remainder of the competition on the officials? I only ask because the majority of us are over there and it'd be easier on me.

Let me know either way!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum